What is the biggest deer rub you have found

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Ace, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Ace

Ace New Member

State:
    Gastonia N
    Here are pics of 3 big rubs I have found I have a lot more pics but we can only upload 3pics.I found the rub on the big pine tree last week end on my hunting land.

:0010:

Attached Files:

2. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Hey Ace, I've personally never seen one as big as that first picture, that is a dandy. I had a buddy that hunted in Illinois and killed big 8 point. He was showing off the head and cape on his way to the taxidermist the points on the rack were all nubbed off about the size of the end of your thumb. He said they got that way from rubbing utility poles and he had some pictures of some that had been rubbed. That was some big rubs.

st

3. Fishinfreak

Fishinfreak Member

State:
    North Bend,Ohio
    You might be hunting bear:lol: Those are some big rubs.Wonder if more than one deer did that?

4. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    ace i hunted a spot in chester s.c. that had 4-5 rubs the size of the first one on the pine tree. i found sheds from a big six point in the area too but never seen the deer. in canada you see alot of big rubs from whitetails and some huge rubs by moose/elk. i seen alot of fence post rubbed and broke the barbed wire by whitetails. seen alot of deer with broke tines in those areas too. it is amazing how fast these deer can make those rubs too. good luck with your hunting and thanks for shareing the pictures.

5. cockroach

cockroach New Member

State:
    florida
    be careful what you might think is a deer rub, in our club we have a hunter that if he hears about a rub where you are hunting , you will find his stand in your back pocket. two of the gentelmen took a machete an rubed a tree, scraped about a 4ft. scrape ,urinated in the scrape, an made tracks all around it with the tip of the machete blade, the guy got wind of it an we did'nt see him all seasonn year before last. he doesn't croud anyone anymore. cockroach

6. Ace

Ace New Member

State:
    Gastonia N

Michael Chester South Carolina is where this rub is it on our privet land.
    There has been 5 huge bucks taken off this land in the last several years 8 and 10 pointers.

7. Ace

Ace New Member

State:
    Gastonia N

Hey Greg I see you are from Arkansas you have some big white tail deer out there don't you? I came through Arkansas in 1969 when I was coming from Texas.
    I have always wanted to dear hunt out there.If you are ever out this way look me up.

8. BIGCATMIKE

BIGCATMIKE New Member

State:
    illinois
    i hunt out at lake sangchis in central illinois and the rubs we see out there are on telephone poles. some are rubbed more than half way through the pole. the next time i go hunting out there i will get a picture of a couple and show you some big rubs

9. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I think I know where Id be hunting. Thanks for the pics.

10. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    I use to see some about the size of the last picture, we watched this deer for three years and never saw it during season, it stayed in a cedar thicket, then a neighbor let his beagles in there and he shot it when it run out, it scored 168, I don't scout near as much any more.

11. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    man them are some nice rubs hope to find some like that this yeargood luck an get a big 1 for use

12. Bullseye017

Bullseye017 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    In one area that I hunt I see many little rubs but there are also a few giant ones that you cant fit your hands around

13. Bigbluefisherman

Bigbluefisherman New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I would have to say that first picture has to be the biggest I have ever seen! I have come across some big rubs, but that one there is a dandy! I hunt some public ground up around Squaw creek refuge here in MO and They have 4x4 post for there signs, every single post is rubbed almost in half! But a 4x4 doesnt compare to that one! I hope to see the picutres of the deer that did that!

14. tokie

tokie New Member

State:
    Hemlock, Ohio
    yep
    yep yep yep yep

15. jtr4324

jtr4324 New Member

State:
    virginia
    The biggest rub I've ever seen was in Illinois. My buddy hunted the buck that made them for a couple of years. Then I tried my east coast skills in the area and knocked him out with a neck shot. My buddy said "the shot was risky" My reply "you can't kill-m if you dont shot at them"

Attached Files:

16. Bigbluefisherman

Bigbluefisherman New Member

State:
    Missouri
    John,

That is a monster, what did he score?? I can't even begin to guess. I would love to shoot a deer like that with a stick and string. Again nice deer!

Matt

17. jtr4324

jtr4324 New Member

State:
    virginia
    Thanks Big Blue, Believe it or not I have not had it officially scored. A neighbor came over with his B&C scoring kit (he is not an official scorer) and after we taped it it was mid 190's. I have several book class bucks on the wall but have not entered them. I pretty much just like watching the game and during commercials looking up and rembering the good times. Hopefully I'll have something in a couple weeks, I'm headed back to my friends farm nov 1.

18. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    Nice Buck how about some picturs of them bucks ?

19. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    the biggest rub i ever saw was on a cedar tree a big as my waist it had limbs the size of my thumb twisted off the ground around the tree was all torn up there were several small saplings around you could wrap your hand around , i remember the smell of sasfaras and musk in the air , i think i saw the deer that made the big rub once but it was in late spring he was dark red in color his rack was wider than his hips and looked to stand 24" or so high , i saw it one other time during gun season that year while riding down the rode but the guy that was driving said it was a horse and wouldnt stop the car , funny thing is no one around that area had horses

you ever see a red deer thats as big as a horse ?

20. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    here is some small ones. found the last one today.

Attached Files: