What is the biggest catfish you caught out of Utah lake?

Discussion in 'UTAH LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by gocatin18, Apr 18, 2006.

1. gocatin18

gocatin18 New Member

State:
    Utah
    My biggest one that i've caught out of there was only about 8-9lbs which isn't very big.

2. wizkersNworms

wizkersNworms New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have seen many 4-5 pounders, but not many larger than that. My brother caught a few smaller than that--and a ton of bullheads. I do have a friend who has claimed to catch a copule over 10 pounds, but of course I have not seen them. He does have a nack for catching big fish out of that lake though--mostly huge walleyes.

3. utcat

utcat New Member

State:
    Utah
    Last summer caught a 10# blue out of UT lake. it was a fun fight. the rest of the summer though nothing over about 5. If I could ever figure out how to post pics I would make it my avatar.

4. wayner

wayner New Member

State:
    Utah
    My fishing buddy caught a 16 pounder, we weighed it on the spot and turned it back. I am not sure it was a channel cat. It was dark grey almost black and I forgot to look at the tail before he turned it lose.

5. wizkersNworms

wizkersNworms New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Probably a channel--I've seen a few large cats being taken out of the lake this year--several in the 10 pound range--and I think most serious catters at the lake would agree that there are 16-20 pount cats roaming!

Good luck!

6. wayner

wayner New Member

State:
    Utah
    I mostly fish the West mountain area and catch cats 1 to 5 pounds mostly, now and then one bigger. We start at 7:30 am and fish till noon. Have any of you tried East Bay or fished at night?