what is the best time to carp fish?

Discussion in 'Carp Fishing' started by bigal1, Oct 20, 2005.

1. bigal1

bigal1 New Member

State:
    huntsville alabama
    what is the best time to carp fish?..help would be appericated

2. bigal1

bigal1 New Member

State:
    huntsville alabama
    can you catch them in the winter?

3. spam

spam New Member

Here in Chattanooga the carping in smaller creeks begins to drop off in late Oct. I've never caught one, in the creek where I fish, between Nov and March. Don't know where they go, but they vanish. Other fishing good year round.

4. willisjj

willisjj Guest

I have always had the best luck after dark, maybe because they can sometimes spook very easy and they can't see you as good at night. May or may not be true, but either way, I have caught them daylight or sundown, but my better catches have been after dark. As a kid, I don't remember ever catching any carp in the winter time. I only recently began fishing for them again and I am in Arizona so I still can't tell you how the bite is in the cold weather.

5. bigal1

bigal1 New Member

State:
    huntsville alabama
    thanks for everyones replys

6. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Weston, we caught some carp here on Milford Lake, Ks just the other day, the water is around 60 to 65 deg right now, I have caught them later in the year also. We were shore fishing and using corn, couple of 7lb's and a 12+ lbr. We were using whole canned whole kernel corn.

7. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have caught most of my carp in the spring before they spawn, and I have found that canned corn works best for me..I know people who catch them all winter long, with water temps in the high 30's.

8. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    We're catching Carp right now. The water temp's been around 50-53deg. I chum with whole kernel that I added corn syrup and vanilla to when I boiled it. I also made a batch of corn with Anise and one with Garlic. All three seem to be working pretty good, although the bite has slowed quite a bit since the water cooled.

9. chicagoriverking

chicagoriverking New Member

State:
    CHICAGO, ILLINOIS
    I've caught carp in the chicago river all year round in the winter but this year i fish everyday when i get out of work im still catching them more bigger ones but loose a lot of them too. but i use a bait that i have made myself that works better then bread and corn at least to me i think...