What Is The Best Sub Model Of Abu Garcia's Ambassaduer 7000 Reel?

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by KingCatBrad, May 17, 2007.

1. KingCatBrad

KingCatBrad New Member

State:
    Duncan, Oklaho
    Ok I know there is a bunch of sub models to the 7000 or any of them for that mater, but what one would be there top sub model for the 7000 for BIG flatheads And BIG river stripers???????

Thank You Ahead Of Time For Any Replies!!!!!!

2. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    I'm not sure what excatly you are asking but I have 3 7000's and the next best thing they offer in my opinion is a 6500. I have a couple of those and they work great, cost a little less and are strong.

3. KingCatBrad

KingCatBrad New Member

State:
    Duncan, Oklaho
    I am talking about the letters and numbers that come after 7000. Each letter and number represents something different about the reels. The 7000 is just the class that the itself falls in.

4. fisherman94580

fisherman94580 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    If I were to choose just one of the 7000 models to catch a record blue or catfish, I would go with the 7000iCS Pro Rocket. I also think the C3 and C3I's will do just as well. I would choose the 7000iCS because it has the carbon matrix drag, 3 stainless bearings, and looks real nice. Hope this helps.

5. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    If I had to settle on just one reel, it would by my 7000CS Pro Rocket. Smooth as hell! I wouldn't worry much about the numbers on the reels. If you want different bearings or drag washers, you can get upgrades for pretty cheap. I was able to convert my regular 7000s to C3 models with smoothie drags for around 30.oo bucks.

6. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    JUST PICK A REEL 6000, 6500 OR 7000 THE DIFFERENT IN THE NUMBER YOU WILL NEVER FEEL.

7. Hannibal Mike

Hannibal Mike New Member

State:
    Hannibal, MO
    I am a reel junkie and have too many, but Tim has a great point. I have 3 6000's that balance nicely, hold plenty of line (braid if I need more line). They really do the job well and I use them much more than the 7000's (which I think are a bit large for most Mississippi cat'n. The rockets are fun if you are in a casting contest with a buddy. And, it is fun to supe up your abu with the better drags or bearings in the winter. So have fun and they all work well. I really do think that balance allows you to handle the rod and feel the bite better. But, heck, I have a couple of penn16/0's and live in MO! Hannibal Mike

8. DemolitionMan

DemolitionMan New Member

State:
    Tupelo, Mississippi
    I've got the gold 7000HSN reels @ $70 and the 7000iC3....I think the Swedish reels far outweigh the china/tiawan reels by a country mile.....I've got some more looking to do into the reels, but I'll get back with you on some side by side comparison's...I think I'm wasteing my time...lol...Dwight

9. DemolitionMan

DemolitionMan New Member

State:
    Tupelo, Mississippi
    I didn't mean to suggest that my 7000iC3 was a Swedish made reel, I was just saying the Swedish reels are better IMHO.....Dwight

10. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Just a pick a reel, the number dont really matter.

11. DemolitionMan

DemolitionMan New Member

State:
    Tupelo, Mississippi
    They don't even compare.....I gave $119 at Cabela's for the iC3 and ordered the HSN's online for $70....I've still got a lot of learning to do on both....Trust me, they don't even compare.....Just choose your "budget" range and choose the best reels you can....Dwight

12. DemolitionMan

DemolitionMan New Member

State:
    Tupelo, Mississippi
  13. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Pick one, Buy it, use it till it dies....then buy another!:big_smile:

14. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    I'm probly too new to comment; but I think I agree with Tim Hagan. I fished Friday with a fella with a 6500 rocket on a $250 dollar custom rod, me with a 6000 on a off the rack China rod, and he has a lot more experience than me; an he was only casting 20-25 ft farther than me with the same tackle. But that was only my third time out with baitcasters. I know I'm in love with the ABU's. Going to try hard an score couple more of the made in Sweden units before they're all Tiawan, China ,"work for a dolla a day" made.
    :smile2:

15. DemolitionMan

DemolitionMan New Member

State:
    Tupelo, Mississippi
    Yeah, I ordered one of the 6500 Blackcats the other night.....I used 6500's years ago, till someone decided they needed em more than me, and I liked em then....Just now gettin back in to the catfishing schene.....You can dump some money on "today's" fishing equipment....lol.....But I love it....Dwight

16. StormCaster

StormCaster New Member

State:
    New York
    The 7000 CL is a workhorse if you can find them.