What is the best state?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Drake19, Dec 27, 2009.

1. Drake19

Drake19 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Hey guys and gals. My family and I are thinking about moving south and we were wondering what states you rate best for catfishing. Our family loves to catfish and would like to move to a warmer state with the best catfishing avalible. thanks. Drake

2. flatheadslayer

flatheadslayer New Member

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    i'm partial,georgia,we have big flats blues and channels.well you might have 1 or 2 better,but i won't tell it.:wink:

3. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    Luckie..Ill be stuck in iowa for 3 more years:sad2::angry::crazy:..I have heard tennesse ohio and arkansa are the top catfishing states in the u.s.... and only 2 of those are in the deep south..

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Drake Welcome to the BOC, from So. Illinois. Take a long look at Alabama. If I were moving this is the area I would be heading. Great catfishing.:0a22::0a22::0a25:

5. holliswood

holliswood Well-Known Member

State:
    King, NC
    I live in NC so, I'm voting NC. :cool2:

6. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    i would say alabama, im in mo. and thats where im going.

7. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
    I love Ga but for fishing i would have to go with Tennasse or Alabama, in that order...:wink:
    Puddle

8. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Virginia is not deep south but we got the Catfishing thing down pretty good. Tidal James River and Tidal Potomac. 1,000s and 1,000s of plus 30 pound fish caught (and released) each year. Current record around 100 pounds. Flatheads galore. Channel cats so thick you can walk across their backs. Only thing is its a tad chilly in the winter but that's when the monster Blue cats go on a tear. read the VA board rivers section! On top of all the good catfishing, Va has the Chesapeake Bay, Atlantic Ocean and all its salt water options.

9. ramon06

ramon06 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    +2 for Va, now if I could only move the James to Texas, I would never have a reason to fish any where else on the planet

10. centexcop

centexcop New Member

State:
    Texas
    Texas! We have an abundance of lakes.... a few long rivers.... Lot's of coastline.... and just about every climate you could want. Texas.... For a weekend or a lifetime...:big_smile:

11. mankind

mankind New Member

State:
    ashland ky
    gues i would have to vote va,in my opinon the james has it all no need to fish anywhere else,just think chasing records everytime out(heaven in my opinon):wink:

12. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Yea....and welcome to the BOC... We do not have the snow and cold to put up with like in the deep south.... We have expensive bait, tackle, and expensive pay lakes to fish from....

But other than that... there is pretty good fishing... and cats are part of it.

Happy New Year......From the Beach at Los Angles:wink:

13. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    Ray, not to mention salmon,trout,sturgeon and deep sea fishing for albacore,Rock cod , ling cod and surf fishing we do ok here

14. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Ray, not to mention salmon,trout,sturgeon and deep sea fishing for albacore,Rock cod , ling cod and surf fishing we do ok here[/QUOTE] Northern cali- central cail no pay lakes up here , Plus thousand miles of the Delta the sac river and the high sierra's -resiviour's all over the place plus ton's of lakes and stream fishing :smile2:

15. thecatman

thecatman New Member

State:
    Graham, Texas,
    texas where else can you catch a 100+lb cat and a 200+lb gar from the same place on the same day

16. whiteriver

whiteriver New Member

State:
    in
    Yeah, and they have the bushes, George, Jeb. and dubb yah! :dribble: That should be enough to keep anyone away from Texas ((:)smile2:))) Sorry Joey, just could not pass that one up.:cool2:

17. whiteriver

whiteriver New Member

State:
    in
    If I were to pick one place, I would say that the area around Pickwick Dam in Southern Tenn. would be ideal for a catfisherman. Close to a lot of gooooood fishing there. Contact ShilohRed, he is from down there and can tell you an awful lot about it.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2009
  18. BubbaCat

BubbaCat New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Go right on through to Cali. we have nothing to offer..a few small lakes and streams.:embarassed: big ditch up north, hot desert to the south. :cool2:eek:h but spend a few $ on the way through.:big_smile:

19. shadguts

shadguts New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I have considered moving to Paducha Ky. Close to the Tennessee, Cumberland, Ohio, and Mississippi rivers. Dams are close so bait wouldn't be a problem either.

20. Salthart

Salthart New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I live in western NC and I can be in SC Tn or Va in an hour or so. Ga in a couple.
    And I have Lake Norman I can reach in about an hour and Badin looks to be about an hour and a half maybe. Those are the start of big cat waters. But I have a lake 2 miles from me that I hope to learn to catch flatheads in and the lake I fish most often is half an hours drive for me and 10 lb fish are common enough there.

No matter where you look, to go there you have to give up something you would have had somewhere else. But NC has a great deal to offer. And I'm not so pushed to catch the next world record that I'd give up what I have to live on teh missip or even Santee..

Lots of people who live in those places may tell you otherwise. But have they ever lived here ? LOL

Good luck where ever you end up. I believe you will find the south to be full of good people. And yes, That includes those non southern states that claim to be.. ROFLOL