what is the best rod holder for a boat???

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by aggiecat, Aug 9, 2009.

1. aggiecat

aggiecat New Member

State:
    texas
    I am getting ready to buy rod holders for my boat. Which style, brand etc do you recommend. Boat is alum G3. Thanks for any info.

2. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I recommend size, over brand. 1/2 rodholders are the most reliable. IMHO, the top two companies are Monster and Driftmaster.

Bill in SC

3. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Fayetteville Ar
    DRIFTMASTERS.......1/2 inch threads.
    I had 3/8 inch lil flatliners on my boat, but just upgraded to 1/2 inch Duo Pro's. They are the best and are SOLID.
    Shop around, but I hope you find yourself back to Driftmasters.

4. CatHunter24

CatHunter24 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    This may seem ignorant....but the cheapest ones you can find that get the job done and are well made. I am trying out some 3/8 inch all bend holders i bought from a guy who makes them. They are a heck of a lot cheaper than Driftmaster or Monsters and seem to be very sturdy. Not knocking monster and Driftmaster (I have 4 Pro Duos....love them, but not the price), but I am a college kid trying to fish and mod my boat....so if I can save money while still getting a good product I am going to.:eek:oooh:

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Check out the Monster Double Action rod holders, now being offered by one of our sponsors. You want be sorry.

6. sjohn58

sjohn58 Guest

Who can say more, Bill in SC talking the truth here :wink:

7. aggiecat

aggiecat New Member

State:
    texas
    thanks for your input. I'll go gave a look. I have fished for years without them and almost lost several poles, but have been lucky i guess. thanks again. clint

8. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    I don't own a boat yet, but if I did, I still would have to say my hands :smile2::wink:

Really though, when the time comes. since they are price'y:eek:oooh:

I'll probaly frabricate some out of Alum/steel stock and weld them up and double dip them in the rubber coating you can order from autoZone.:wink:

9. 7mmmag1

7mmmag1 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I went on a striper guide trip and the guide was using Fish-ON rodholders, I think if they hold up to striper trolling by a guide they must be decent. I hear great things about Monster though

10. outdoors1988

outdoors1988 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Just got 4-1/2 driftmaster and 2-3/8 they are awesome

11. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Monster has their single angle rod holders on clearance right now. 15 bucks each. I had to get 6 0's for drifting.

12. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    One of our new releases if you could get your hands on em.. Monster Rod Holders LOL. They just came out.. and if you dont have a Catfish Syndicate account you need to sign up for one because there you'll get the best discount on purchasing a few.:wink:

13. brownie525

brownie525 New Member

State:
    Nj
    driftmaster pro duo's for me. if you can weld and have minimum fab skills you could make your own bases that will help keep the cost down!

14. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I agree with Mickey 100% Monster Double Action is the only way to go, best on the market !!! :eek:oooh:

15. aggiecat

aggiecat New Member

State:
    texas
    Just unpacked my monster rod holders. They look great. Thanks to all who recommended these. They will be on and in use tomorrow. Thanks Steve for your product!

16. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Steve from Monster Rod Holders is closing out his old rod holders with dirt cheap prices.

These will last you a life-time.

He has 20 of the 45 degree angles left and 10 and 0 degree angles left.

Call him up and snatch them.

17. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In

you mean you cant fit 30 more on your boat ANYWHERE????:smile2::smile2::smile2: