what is the best presentation for crawfish?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by aggiecat, May 3, 2008.

1. aggiecat

aggiecat New Member

State:
    texas
    When those of you who fish with crawfish, how to you rig up? I know of several different ways, but curious for what works the best for you. Shallow water with a weight?, no weight?, or suspended with a slip cork? jugs lines? or trotlines? and what is the deepest water you've fished them in.

2. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Usually steamed with a side of gumbo, rice, and some ice cold Coors Light! :smile2::smile2::smile2:

3. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    IN THE RIVER I USE THEM WITH A SINKER AND A LEADER ON THE BOTTOM FISHING THE CURRENT SEAMS OR ROCKS

4. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    i use a drift rig. i hook em through the midsection and out through the tail. i have caught some real big channels with em:wink:

5. CATFISHERMAN001

CATFISHERMAN001 New Member

State:
    ALABAMA

I was thinking the same thing. But I was thinking steamed over a open fire. Too funny.

6. yankee cat hunter

yankee cat hunter New Member

State:
    wisconsin
    When fishing with them make sure you pull there claws off or they will crawl under rocks or latch on to them.I normally fish them with no weight near a drop off of rocks.

7. tiny b

tiny b Active Member

State:
    TX
    I fish them on a carolina rig being sure to hook them in the tail starting from the bottom and coming out the top of the tail.

8. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i hook them in the tail on a slip rig. i have also used them on limblines with the bait just above bottom. when i have used them on rivers, i usually ended up with more drum than cats though. in creeks i will use just the tail with no weight and kill the channel cats.

9. vetrock

vetrock New Member

State:
    ar
    We used some on trotlines this weekend along with minnows and caught perch. They were hooked at the bottom of the tail and out through the base of the tail. We removed the claws. We caught at least 3 channels and one flathead on them, because the crawfish was still there when we removed the fish.

10. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    Ok heres how i do it.I get a rubber band place the hook on top of the crawfish with the hook pointing up.Then i take the rubberband and wrap it around the crawfish and hook.This way the crawfish stay alive longer and struggle and gives a good presentation to the fish.works great.

11. Ruger 454

Ruger 454 Member

State:
    LaGrange Kentucky
    I use a carolina rig with a 1 foot leader and hook them in the tail,I hook them from the top of the tail going in the second segment from the tip of the tail and back out the third or fourth segment.I will use a lift and drop retrive with long pauses between lifts,I catch alot more ba$$ than cats using them.

12. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I like a carolina rig ,hook just under the tail plate starting from the vent and run hook the length of the tail.