What is the best horror film you've seen!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by LadyValea1, Sep 26, 2006.

1. LadyValea1

LadyValea1 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    for me...."The hill have eyes" it had suspense and action and horror..

2. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    The Legend of Boggy creek!

3. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    The original Frankenstein movie scared the crap out of me when I was a little kid and I still enjoy watching it now.

4. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    The Excorcist scarred me for life...when I was a kid, my mom once told me that the original Halloween was based on a true story...scared the crap out of me!

5. maverick43812

maverick43812 New Member

State:
    ohio
    im not an easily scared person. but i can say that the movie dark water was a pretty good horror movie.

6. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    The best one I have seen was O, ought, zero, nada, none,
    buddy bubba.hehehe I can't stand to be surprised like that. It makes wet spots appear where they shouldn't.

Judy said "The Town that Dreaded Sundown". She got up and put clothespins on the curtains. hehehe

7. DELLIS

DELLIS New Member

State:
    OHIO
    i would have to say The Excorcist i will never forget that mom told me not to watch it and of course i did then about 3 oclock in the morning i heard scraping in the walls turned out to be a mouse but try telling a kid that its just a mouse

8. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    I think the best I ever saw was,

The gates of Hell...

9. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O
    Bambi

Just can't stand anthromorphic animals.

Will

10. Amigo108

Amigo108 New Member

State:
    Columbia, Maryland
    OK, here's an interesting true story re: the scariest movie I saw. The movie was only regular scary and I don't remember the name. It was about these little monsters that came from a well that was sealed up in the basement and the new owners opened it letting the little creatures out. They could not stand the light and eventually dragged the homeowner down the well.

Anway, here's the interesting part that freaked me out....

After watching the movie (I was about 9) I go down to my room in the basement which is like a cave and of course I'm alone in the house. So, I have this closet that is built into the space under the stairs. THe angle of this closet lets it never get any light from the room and the light in the closet burned out about a year ago. Inside the closet along the walls and in the back area deep under the stairs I have a beer can collection lining the walls.

So I'm laying on my bed thinkink that my closet would be the perfect place my closet would be for critters like those in the movie to live....when all of a sudden I hear a crash inside my closet as the beer cans come falling down! This had never happened before or since, but it happened at the very moment I was thinking about it. To this day I have no explanation other than an unbeleivable coincidence. I am not telekenetic (unfortunately! that would be great) and at the time it did freak me out. I was really concentrating on that closet at the moment the crash was heard.

11. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I remember my mother letting me go to the movie theater one summer when I was nine or ten. The movie was THEM it was about giant ants.:eek:oooh:
    Well it being summer and all, that night trying to ease the heat with the windows open, all I heard was the constant chirping of crickets, tree frogs and various other nocturnal creatures.:crazy:
    All of these combined sure enough sounded just like those giant ants!. I laid in a pool of cold sweat all night! lol :angry:
    Didn't teach me a thing though. I went right back and watched the TINGLER lol. I guess that I got it all scared out of me because movies don't bother me any more. lol:big_smile:

12. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    The 1st Jaws was pretty scary. Like the part where the guys head came to the hole in the bottom of the boat. Made me jump bad!
    Bill

13. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    House of a thousand corpses, Devils rejects, Silent hill, the hills have eyes.
    These ALL scared the crap outta me!

14. greg

greg USCA - STAFF Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    GA/ Ia
    I would have to say the Hellraiser series was the one that comes to mind, but do not discount A Nightmare on Elm Street. My sistter would say the first aliens movie

15. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Honestly, dont laught.......

Blair Witch Project on opening night. 4 of us went on opening night in Gahanna at the Drexel to watch it. It is a very old theatre that just made it even worst. At the time it was said to be a true story, just seeing it from that perspective and the film quality it scared the living hell out of me.

Also love the origional Nightmare on Elm Street.

Fallen is great also with John Goodman and Denzel.

16. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    The 1960 B/W version of Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho... the stabbing of Janet Leigh in the shower... the first time I saw it gave me cold chills. Of course it doesn't compare to some scenes in todays movies but I don't get that feeling.

17. zoelife

zoelife New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I have to agree with you bill,Jaws,saw it when it opened,I was 10 and when the guys head popped out of the hole.WHOA!!..
    Another that comes to mind,Jeepers Creepers.,13 ghosts.AAhhh yes,the original nightmare on elm street.And fallen,an excellent movie.
    Peace and Plenty,
    Kevin

18. dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher New Member

I guess I would have to say the Exorcist because of the subject matter, and my age at the time.

19. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Wow, some of you guys were allowed to do a lot more than me growing up! My parents drew the line regarding movies like "The Exorcist". I wasn't permitted to see it when it was released in theaters. In fact, I never saw it until years later when I was in my twenties. Still scared the heck out of me, though. I don't bother with the "Nightmare on Elm Street" or "Halloween" series. Back in the day, I suppose they were scary, but now they just make me laugh. Try that in a packed movie theater full of petrified teenagers! A more recent horror movie that packed a punch for me is called "Don't Close Your Eyes" starring Goran Visnjic, better known as Dr. Luka Kovac on the television series ER. :eek:oooh:

20. cattinfever999

cattinfever999 New Member

State:
    KY
    I can't remember how old I was when I first saw that movie, but I do know that I started locking the bathroom door when I took a shower and they were very short showers.

Nowdays, the movies of "Final Destination" freak me and Vernon out.