What is the best fishing line?

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by Goebel13, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Goebel13

Goebel13 New Member

State:
    evansville indiana
    what is the best fishing line. i use the Berkley trailing lb have had good luck with but it does stretch some. what is your guys opinion's on it and other lines.

2. Carp King

Carp King New Member

State:
    North carolina
    I dont use trilene to much but i do use cajun red cast and cajun lighting both in ethier 10 to 12lb test. I have also tried Cabelas Pro Line which has good abrasive resitence and good castibility and for an affordable price of only $6.99 per 1,000 yard+ spool.

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    If I'm catfishing I like to use Berkley Big Game line. I use trilene when crappie fishing, or useing small spinning tackle. There are a lot of good line companies on the market.

4. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Stren Magnaflex for mono. Stren Super Braid for braid applications. :wink:

5. rspd507

rspd507 New Member

State:
    Rising Sun,IN
    I prefer to use berkley big game line, but sometimes ill buy the eagle claw brand from wal mart. The big game is smaller in diameter than some of the other brands and is as tough as they come. rspd507

6. TONTO

TONTO New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    Depends where and what you are fishing for. In the heavy current of the mississippi I like Stren superbraid and Power Pro braid. Fishing for flatheads in smaller rivers with less current I'll use Berkley big game.

7. MAX1955

MAX1955 New Member

State:
    KENTUCKY
    I like ande and big game, when going after bigger fish. On my other setups I use stren and bass pro excel.

8. CatMaster3

CatMaster3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I use the worldwide sportsman camo from bass pro. Really tough. I recommend highly to anyone

9. BigMike42420

BigMike42420 New Member

State:
    Henderson Kentucky
    Berkley big game in the Hi-vis green for me! :0a26:

10. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    power pro is the line for me !!!!!!!!!

11. Crazy_Cooter

Crazy_Cooter New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Suffix Performance Braid. In my opinion, it's the best thing going.

12. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    For braid i like 65 lb. power pro, I've just tried 2 kinds, that and spider wire. I liked them both but went with power pro and have no regrets.

The reels I use mono on I use premium salt water ande. 30lb. on the abu 6500's, 6000's and 40 lb. on the abu 7000's and 9000. It's very abrasion resistant and ties strong knots.

I use 50 lb. clear premium salt water ande for hook leaders on all of them.

13. creature19_99

creature19_99 New Member

State:
    Pikeville, Kentucky
    I also like the berkley big game, and the trilene big cat line, but for toughness I really liked the Spider wire briads they are really good, but there is a new flourescent braid out in the Bass Pro catalog that I would like to get my hands on for some night time striper fishing

Brandon

14. Mr_Bluecat

Mr_Bluecat New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I have to agree with 777 Ande premium 50lb in pink is my line. It is the best trowing line for big bait casters, its more of a flat line. Does not backlash easy. I buy it by the three pound, it is like 3000 yds. I think last time I bought it was around 80-100 dollars (last year). Check out Bass proshop salt water website to see all of the prices and choices they have. Best line out there for big cats. Just my thaughts.

Chris

15. catter5000

catter5000 New Member

State:
    TULSA,OK
    JMO.....the best mono is Excaliber,made by Silver Thread.The only problem is finding somewhere local to buy it. Again JMO Allen

16. john103

john103 New Member

State:
    illinois
    I started using Power Pro last year and love it..

17. BROWNING7MMMAG

BROWNING7MMMAG New Member

State:
    VIRGINIA
    STREN HIGH IMPACT

18. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    I have tried many different brands of line. But my goto choice for catfishing is berkley big game, because of its' strength. low memory and the price is reasonable. For wiper and white-bass fishing I like using Fireline by berkley, because of its' castability, and no stretch qualities.

19. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    i use power pro 65 yellow on a few of my poles, its ok . most of my reels have andes premium 40# envy green, i really like the andes for the low memory, strong knots.

20. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    I main use Ande or Stren HighImpact. Another line I found thats really good is P-Line Evolution.