What is the best catfish trick that you know of ?

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by Drawout, Mar 30, 2006.

1. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    What is the best catfish trick that you know of ?

2. cat daddy 791

cat daddy 791 New Member

State:
    Kansas- Wichita
    Circus Tricks Or How To Catch 'em? LOL!

3. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Lol how to catch em ......but id be glad to hear of circus tricks also

4. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Is that a stocked pond your standing in front of i the photo?

5. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    Flylining a big ole chunk of liver a few feet from bank and letting the current carry it to an undrcut in the bank under overhanging trees, you couldnt normaly get too! I also use a bait shuttle for same purpose, to get under overhangs on other side of river!

6. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    not sure,never seen a catfish do any tricks!! LOL

7. tanner

tanner New Member

State:
    Somerset, Kentucky
    LMAO! That's too funny! :)

8. cat daddy 791

cat daddy 791 New Member

State:
    Kansas- Wichita
    YES. I LIVE IN HOUSING ADDITION THAT HAS 5 VERY WELL STOCKED PRIVATE LAKES FOR RESIDENTS AND THEIR GUESTS ONLY. THEY ARE LOADED WITH CHANNEL CATS.

9. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Sweet i may have to come to kansas and fish with ya some time!!

10. cat daddy 791

cat daddy 791 New Member

State:
    Kansas- Wichita
    ITS A SIX HOUR DRIVE. MAN, THATS A WAYS TO GO TO CATCH SOME FISH. YOU MUST BE A REALLY DEVOTED CATFISHERMAN. I WOULD GO TO TEXOMA FIRST. CLOSER AND MUCH BIGGER FISH THERE THAN IN MY BACKYARD. LOL!

11. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    I particularly enjoy The Flying Catamazoffs when they ride the little bike across the high wire:p :p
    Seriously, a cool trick is to suspend a live bluegill from an overhanging branch by using a clothespin on your line such that it is right on the surfaceand splashing around. When the flahead hits it can be spectacular...W

12. foreverflathead

foreverflathead New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    there arent any tricks that i know of other than spending alot of time on the water and fish fish fish. Thats what i do and mayber some day that will start to pay off. LOL

13. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    This sounds funny, but one of the best tricks I know for rod & reel fishing is to fish with something besides a rod & reel. Say whut? :confused:
    First of all, I'm assuming that you're talking about fishing a new spot, because if you already have a honeyhole and know what they will bite on, you don't need any tips on catching, you need tips on cleaning. The more baits you have in the water at different locations, the better chance you have of locating a good spot to fish with rod & reel. Better than half of my rod & reel spots have been located by jugfishing. If you're freefloating jugs down the river, all you have to do to locate productive spots is make note of spots where several jugs have caught fish. And on what bait, of course. If you really want to check out a spot that looks good, you can use anchored jugs; just put 2, 3, or 4 jugs out, with hooks at various depths, with different baits. If that doesn't produce any fish, don't waste your time there with rod & reel. On the other hand, if you do catch fish, you have the location, depth, and bait to catch fish on a rod.

14. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    On the cartoon network I've seen dancing catfish but in real life I can make them roll over and turn golden brown.

15. TEAYSWRESTLER

TEAYSWRESTLER New Member

State:
    OHIO
    Its not always just about fishing with someone it is just sitting there shooting the breeze and having a good time!! Ya know?

16. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    I learned one trick accidently several years ago while fishing with my dad. The action was a little slow so I decided to open a can of planters peanuts and was munching on them, had them sitting on the side of the boat and when I reached over to grab a hand full, I knocked the can over into the lake. 15 minutes later dad caught 2 channel cats using nightcrawlers, both were over 8 pounds. I caught 1 that was about 8 pounds. All in about 30 minutes. Later when we went to clean the catfish for the grill, all of them had a belly full of peanuts. lol.

17. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    My grandad had a trick that worked very good, he would save the oil juice out of a can of tuna and store it. When he went catfishing he would dip his nightcrawlers in the tuna oil.

18. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Wolfman, you just gave me a terrific idea. I am going to save some tuna oil and paint it on a live bluegill.! Man! I bet that will work great.:thumbsup:

That will be my trick Johnny. lol:D

19. TIGER44

TIGER44 New Member

State:
    MANSFIELD. TEXAS
    Use A Cast Net And Get Shad They Work Great. With A Boat Go To Eisenhour If Not Go To Paradice Cove.

20. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    Hey Catdaddy, I grew up my first 16 years in Wichita. Went to West High and South High. Come on down to Arkansas and we'll show you how to fish...anytime.