What is Mojo power?

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by MoDamselfly, Aug 6, 2009.

1. MoDamselfly

MoDamselfly New Member

State:
    Mo
    I've been hanging around last couple days just getting use to the different forums and such on the boards. I got the Thank you button pretty fast and Mike showed me the rep button and award thing last night. But I'm still not sure what this mojo power is? Is it directly related to the reps button?

Need a catfish1.com 101 lecture.. LOL:smile2::wink:

2. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    DEBBI when u give someone reps their mojo or reps count goes up ,it's just a way to thank someone with a pat on the back ,is my understanding of them :eek:oooh::wink:

also go to quick links an look up FAQ this might help u a little also

Last edited: Aug 6, 2009

3. MoDamselfly

MoDamselfly New Member

State:
    Mo
    Thanks, I figured it was something like that but not 100% sure. :D So many little things keep popping up. I have tunnel vision sometimes...:tounge_out:

4. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    i dunno what Mojo power is either. I was hoping it was a way to get FREE BOC SHEET from Unka Paul :smile2:

5. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Debbie, welcome to the BOC/SOC :cool2:.

Mojo is the same as reputation explained in the following:

What is reputation?
    Reputation is a way of rating users depending on the quality of their posts. If the administrators have enabled reputation, then the reputation icon will be visible in posts.
    Reputation may be positive [​IMG] , negative [​IMG] or neutral [​IMG]. Negative reputation may only be given if the administrator has enabled this. Neutral reputation is only given when the person giving reputation does not meet the criteria set by the administrator to affect someone else's reputation.
    How do I give reputation?
    To give reputation, click on the reputation icon in the relevant post. This will reveal a form to complete with the reputation type and the reason for giving the reputation. If negative reputation is disabled then it will not be displayed in this form. You may not give reputation for the same post twice.
    How do I know what reputation I have received?
    You can view the reputation that you have received in your User CP (User Control Panel) where it is displayed at the bottom of the User CP page. Here you will see the latest reputation that you have received and whether this is positive, negative or neutral. Your total reputation will be shown as series of reputation indicators in your posts and profile. The more positive your reputation, the more positive icons will be shown. The more negative your reputation the more negative icons will be shown.
    How much reputation is given? What is reputation power?
    If the administrator has enabled this, the amount of reputation that each user will give (or take away if negative) is shown in the user's posts as 'Reputation Power'. The value of the reputation power is determined by the administrator and may increase over time depending on the settings they have applied.
    What if I don't want anyone to see my reputation?
    You can disable the display of your reputation by going to your User CP and selecting Edit Options. On this page you will find a check box labelled 'Show Your Reputation Level'. Un-checking this box will remove the display of your reputation and replace it with the Reputation Disabled icon. You can still give and receive reputation while your reputation display is disabled.

6. slider

slider New Member

State:
    louisiana, mo
    mojo power

helps catch more fish

later
    slider

p.s. deb i have no idea

7. MoDamselfly

MoDamselfly New Member

State:
    Mo
    Thanks for all the useful posts and advice. LOL @ Cuz it sure would be nice to turn in mojo power points for BOC hats and stickers huh...:smile2:

8. Pipe Rat

Pipe Rat Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Mojo Power is Mojo Power

9. GUP

GUP New Member

State:
    Washington, MO
    I've always wanted to ask what these "ranks" and "levels" are? It's obvious they are a status, but what is the order?

10. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    I am at the top, that's all ya need to know. LOL:wink:

11. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Although, I am not the most rank around here.:eek:oooh::wink:

12. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Glad u cleared that up KUTTER ,i know 1 that might have clawed you over that comment :wink::smile2:

13. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    You know Austin Powers had a ton of MOJO POWER!!!:wink:

14. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

:smile2: WHY am I up so late? If JOLLYMON has taken over the clawing, I have nothing left to do. :big_smile:

Girl, you just keep postin' and quit worryin' 'bout what anybody else has to say. Be YOU. :cool2:

15. Mrs. Andy52

Mrs. Andy52 New Member

State:
    Winfield, Mo.
    I am sure glad that you asked that question Deb. Mark has been trying to teach me about all the different doohickies on here. This thread helped too...thanks for starting it. It's helping to get rid of those darned geese that keep flyin' over my head...lol...I finally get it !!! Doesn't take me all day :confused2:, just most of it...LOL.

16. MoDamselfly

MoDamselfly New Member

State:
    Mo
    Well that's one thing I've never been afraid to do is ask questions...most peeps get tired of me asking before I run out of questions...:smile2: I'm sure I drove my mother....'bananas'! :wink::smile2:

17. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    The fisherman formally known as Cuz is your mother????:wink:

18. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    You did an extremely good job explaining this. Reps comin' your way!:wink:

19. Scaley Cat

Scaley Cat Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks for that post! I owe a lot of people some reps.