What is luck?

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by TA2D, Jul 10, 2006.

1. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Went out last night to one of my local spots just so I could unwind, missed one bite, while I was throwing my cast net (which got snagged and is unretreiveable as of now). So after losing my cast net I was a little mad... ok I was really *%&#*@& off. So I decided to leave then and as I was packing my gear up, my Berkley Big Game decided to start pointing down stream, the tip didn't dip down like a strike, I thought that I hooked a log or a beaver, so I set the hook, and have a good 10 minute fight with a carp that ran about 12-13 lbs. Not what I wanted to catch, but a fish is a fish none the less.

Aaron

TA2D

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Luck is something that I dont have this year to answer your question. LMAO

A little trick on retrieving the castnet. I carry a long hay hook designed looking thing with me. When it gets stuck, just grab onto the ring, feel around in the water and lift it up. It will usually help unsnag the cast net.

3. btmfdr

btmfdr New Member

State:
    missouri
    what is luck you ask???? take a little coincidence and jam it together with the sheer randomness of the universe and you got a little ball of that stuff!!!!!! lol no really, just being in the right place at the right time.

4. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Luck is just being able to get out and get set up on your favorite river or lake. Great luck is hauling in that really nice cat!!

5. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Hey Aaron - I believe that in Europe carp is considered a delicacy :crazy: :eek:oooh: :confused2:

6. LarryW

LarryW New Member

State:
    Abbeville Louisiana
    Hay Aaron luck is the fact that you did get to go out and catch a nice fish even thow it wasn't a cat. Sorry to here about the net, hopefully you will be able to get it back.

7. catfishkatmando

catfishkatmando New Member

State:
    Salem, WV.
    Luck is when a plan comes together.

8. BIGCAT DADDY 71

BIGCAT DADDY 71 New Member

State:
    Indiana

well said, i feel the same.

9. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

luck is loosing your cast net and cathing 10-13 lbs of cut bait. lol

10. suddawg

suddawg New Member

Dang bro, guess I should of got you another cast net for your birthday.

Hey if you need one though, you can use mine. Just got to talk to the ex-wife to make sure she didn't throw it out. :lol:

SudDawg

11. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Luck is something I dont have much of as of late.

12. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Aaron sorry about your cast net! You wern't letting Mellon throw it now were you? Any way a carp is better than I'v done the last two times out.J.D.Straka:smile2:

13. Fishnhuntforever

Fishnhuntforever New Member

State:
    Northern California
    Luck is waking up in the morning and being able to do the things that you want in life. Because as you sleep there is an unlucky soul who will never see another dawn or cast another line. Live well, Laugh often, and fish if you get the chance!

14. suddawg

suddawg New Member

Now that was well put. Thanks

SudDawg

15. Jimmy Don

Jimmy Don Member

State:
    Arkansas
    There is an old saying among people who bet on the horses,"It is better to be lucky than good." I don't know what luck is,but I sure wish I had some as of late. I can't catch a fish or pick a horse.

16. youngcatfisherman55

youngcatfisherman55 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Luck is losing a hook to a catfish and then catching the same one that took the hook the next day. Happened before to my friend. The other hook was still in his mouth. Amazing he still took the bait. lol

17. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    I forget who said this but Luck is when preparation meets opportunity.

18. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I guess that my luck isn't as bad as it could be, I was happy as all get out to catch a fish last night, but the cast net really upset me, I plan on retrieving it tonight or tomorrow gonna get it the old fashioned way going in up to my neck if I have to. About hooking the same fish twice, I did it in one night about 3 weeks ago, hooked into one, then my knot came loose not 2 mins later my other pole got a hit and I caught a 2-3 lb channel with my other hook still in his mouth!

Aaron

TA2D

19. suddawg

suddawg New Member

Hey bro, how do you manage to allways find a way into the river? Whether by accident or on purpose :big_smile:

Suds