What is jugging

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by thomcat, Aug 11, 2006.

1. thomcat

thomcat New Member

State:
    pennsylvania 17745
    i've heard about people juggin but never knew what it was, can anybody enlighten me on what it is?

2. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    its where you take a jug either a milk jug or a 20oz bottle of soda (empty) and tie a main line with a weight on the bottom and then put a three way what ever depth you want and tie a hook on,bait em throw them over the side of the boat and have fun jugging is not for everyone ive tried it before and its not for me id rether catch fish on rod and reel myself check your game laws for numbers of jugs you can put out hope this helps

3. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    Jason Explained It Very Well, It's Alot Of Fun But Again Check The Legality Issues First.

Now I Know This Will Get Some Crap Stirred Up From Another Thread, "Don't Confuse Legality & Morality Issues With One Another":wink:

4. MississippiJugHead

MississippiJugHead New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Soda bottles and milk jugs? That's how grandpa used to make them but that is a great basic introduction from Jason. Nowdays they have these fancy noodle jug contraptions.
    As stated, jugging is not for everyone, almost to the point of it being one of those "if I have to explain it to you you will never understand" kind of things. By that I am talking about why you do it, not how. Concerning the how, there are tons of brothers willing to share there ideas and experience on the subject.
    If you are still interested in jugging and it is legal where you fish I would suggest you make up a few jugs and get them wet. There are lots of great plans in the library section and I would be happy to answer any questions you still have.

5. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Here we go...

This is just like talking about deer hunting with dogs on a deer hunting website.

6. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Hey Thomas, Check out this link. You will find some good information here and akwolf (Gene Chambers) is one of our sponsors not to mention a fine Brother.

ST

http://www.akwolf.com/MainWolf/Main.html

7. catsmith1

catsmith1 New Member

State:
    Haughton, Louisiana
    Round here we do not weight our jugs down. We tie a line about 3-6 ft long with a hook or two on it and let it float where it may. It can be that simple!

I run jugs or noodles all the time. We have fun and the kids love it.

8. johnpotter777

johnpotter777 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Jugging the way my family and i do is work, and reward, i love to see my beautiful wife hauling in a big blue on a jug it makes her day, even tried talking her into wearing a bikini and letting me start an online magazine called GOT JUGS, (she didnt go for it though), anyways give it a try you might like it. Peace.:cool2: