what is going on?

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by cook, Aug 25, 2005.

1. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Just saw on the news that 2 men were robbed of their fish last night on Troost lake.Its on 28 and Vine,near Prospect in K.C.,not the safest place to begin with.Didn't say if they took wallets or fishing gear.One fisherman was shot in the leg and may lose it.

Its getting crazy,the terrorists seem mild compared to the job we are doing killing ourselves.I know this isn't something new,but enough is enough :cursing:

2. willisjj

willisjj Guest

Thats terrible man. A lot of crazies out there and its pretty sad when you have to think twice about even stopping to help someone thats broke down on the road. Phoenix is really crazy down here but I guess no matter where you go you can't get away from it these days.

3. roofermike

roofermike New Member

State:
    Jefferson City, Missouri
    Used to be if you met someone on the river you said hi and exchanged some information. Nowadays a guy has to worry about getting his geared robbed. Kinda sad

4. eggman

eggman New Member

State:
    Jefferson City, Missouri
    Fishin in KC.....lol. I wouldn't even want to get out of my car anywhere near prospect let alone go fishin... :cool:

egg

5. safetybass

safetybass New Member

State:
    Missouri
    That "fishing hole" isn't exactly like being at the river. Not even like being at the river in downtown KC. That lake is in a park in the middle of a rough neighborhood. The thieves got away with the fishermen's cooler with fish in it. Serves the shooters right. Eat fish out of that lake and we don't need a death sentence. Shooting the guy in the leg wasn't nice, but taking his fish, that was either cruel or lifesaving, depending on your point of view. ;)

6. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Good to see you made it over here Wolfman,
    I keep my boat at home and have never had any one mess with any thing. Knock on wood, although my dog Moose is a great dane LOL. I have several friends that recently had there boats stolen from while docked from some low lifes that came in by boat.

7. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    I thought crack addicts were bad,but this carp addiction is even worse.Darn carp heads sneaking into carp houses to smoke a little carp.

8. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Cook, I wonder how they keep em lit? LOL