what is gas oil mix for this old 5hp Sea King

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by bigredsbbq, May 18, 2006.

1. bigredsbbq

bigredsbbq New Member

State:
    Illinois
  2. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    I need to know the age in order to determine the fuel ratio. Get me the serial number and model number and lets see what we can find out on it.

3. bigredsbbq

bigredsbbq New Member

State:
    Illinois
    wow talk about a quik reply
    the model # is 35GG-9014A
    the serial # is 490233

4. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Well I tried to research that model number but all the sites I had are either down or gone. I do know by the number and the GG at the start it is an engine made by gale. This was one of the better engines and is most likely interchanable with a lot of evenrude parts of the same size.
    I would guess the year at around the late 50s to the early 60s. If you want to run the engine until I can e-mail a friend of mine that ahs some info on these motors you can use 24:1 ratio or 32:1 no lighter though.

If it smokes then you can go to a good synthetic oil and slow the smoking down some. If you need a gasket for anything I would say you will have to cut your own.
    If I ain't mistaken the impeller is located behind the prop and it most likely is still good if its still pumps water because they weren't made like todays impellers.
    Sorry I can't do you any better but don't despire because the info is out there , I just have to find it.

5. bigredsbbq

bigredsbbq New Member

State:
    Illinois
    i'll try those mixtures thank you so much for that info you guys are great this is the greatest website on the net I guess thats why I keep coming back everyday
    Trevor

6. badkarma

badkarma New Member

State:
    Oxford,Miss
    All mixing oil these days is made to mix 50-1 and it will not hurt your motor.The EPA made them do this to cut down on oil smoke.I have a 1973 20hp Merk and a 30 year old 5hp Eska that I have run many an hour on 50-1 with no problems.

7. Ace

Ace New Member

State:
    Gastonia N
    I would use the 50-1 mix that what I use in all my old outboards.
    It has never hurt them.
    :0a22:

:cat:

8. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill

Where did you come up with this info. I would love to see itwritten down some where.

9. The mix for it is 1 quart to a tank of fuel. Or 1/2 pint per gallon. Says so right on the cowling. It also uses the old two line pressurized tank as well. Also says to use Mobiloil Outboard oil or S.A.E 30.

10. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Me too.But,that still don;t mean that it is right,does it?The experts were never wrong.They just changed their opinions ever now and then.peewee-williams

11. badkarma

badkarma New Member

State:
    Oxford,Miss
    I can't tell you where I read it,heck I can't remember where I read every thing hehe but I guess if you looked hard enough you'll find it.But ask around and you will find that no one ever hurt an old 2 stroke with a 50-1 mix.