What Is everyone doing for Thanksgiving

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by catfish slick, Nov 20, 2006.

1. catfish slick

catfish slick New Member

State:
    California
    What Is every one doing for the Thanksgiving holiday, Be no cat-fishing for me, My boss Informed me that we are taking our trailer and Following our Kids and grandkids, up to Randsburg, For our turkey dinner, and guess if I want to eat I had better tag along with them. Looks like I mite have to trade my Fishing pole in For the old trusty whites 6000 Metal Detector, But just for the holiday week end. All my family are taking their Quads up And I am not a quad rider so I mite get in a little metal Detecting. Hope every one Has a great Holiday and can spend it with the ones you love. But if you have to go fishing I hope you catch a bunch.
    Happy holidays To you all.

2. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    As for myself and the better half i guess we'll do like always. Stay home and do nothing. Just like every year seems lke all the kids go to the others sides family and were stuck by our self. Oh well don't have a lot of cleaning up to do anyway. Still gets aggervating though. Don't care about myself but they could at least spend sometime with thier Mother. Better get off here before I get started. Happy Turkey Day EVERYONE!!

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I'm workin and so is the Mrs. Can't say no to double time and a half. LOL! Nicer Christmas gift for us. LOL!

4. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Going to go Catfishing a few days, most likely...Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Sunday. Woo-hoo!:cool2:

5. bushwack

bushwack New Member

State:
    missouri
    I am frying up some sweet meat flathead for dinner with all the fixins,who says you have to have turkey

6. TomV

TomV New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Missouri
    We seldom get to do this but this year weare having the kids and grandkids all come to our cabin (lake house) for thanksgiving. There will be 21 of us in all, quite a croud for our little place but it should be fun.

But then I will get some fishing in Friday through Sunday and that will be fun.

7. Fishnhuntforever

Fishnhuntforever New Member

State:
    Northern California
    We are headed to my brother in laws for thanksgiving. I am bringing a ham I had smoked of the nice boar I took a few weeks ago. I can't wait turkey and smoked ham. It is a 2 and a half hour drive so after going there and back I will probably relax for a day then try and get some fishing or hunting in. Happy holidays to all!

8. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    eat-rest-eat-rest-eat-rest---------- and if I am not to tired after all that eating and resting I'll go fishin friday, saturday, sunday, and monday. Hope all have a happy and safe holiday.

9. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    I have to deep fry two birds for the family get toghether.

10. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    We are gonna feast and then Friday at sun up I will be setting up my poles and then so a lil hunting. Plan to do an overnighter till Sat afternoon.

11. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Well, my fishing plans are being narrowed down a little it looks like, supposed to be terrible weather, a lot of rain, but the part that could stop me is the wind which is suppose to be strong. Hopefully I'll be able to go between the bad weather or something, haven't fished in a little over a week!:angry:

12. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    Eating turkey and more turkey Then watchin the Chiefs Beat the Bronco's GO CHIEFS GO!!
    Hope everyone has a happy and safe holiday!!

13. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    I'll be hanging out with my new girlfriend for the next 4 days taking her to meet some family and have some dead bird with us:smile2:

BUT i'm going back up to the river for some trout and one evening maybe Saturday taking her out to do some catfishin with me, she likes to fish so thats 10 points for her on my scale:wink:

HAve good holiday all .

14. shotdemducks

shotdemducks New Member

State:
    kansas
    Going to the KC Cheifs game @7, spending the day with familiy

15. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno

.Have you talked to them about this? sometimes these things need to be brought up. If theres a problem with them spending some time with you and your wife maybe it can be sorted out? you sound awful sad about the way things are why not do something about it

16. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    “Remember to be gentle with yourself and others. We are all children of chance and none can say why some fields will blossom while others lay brown beneath the August sun. Care for those around you. Look past your differences. Their dreams are no less than yours, their choices no more easily made. And give, give in any way you can, of whatever you posses. To give is to love. To withhold is to wither. Care less for your harvest than for how it is shared and your life will have meaning and your heart will have peace.”

I am reading several books by this author Kent Nerburn just thought i'd share a quote from him to my family at BOC.

17. catfish slick

catfish slick New Member

State:
    California
    Thanks Vince
    I am glad You spoke up, I had hurt in my heart after reading that. M.R.R I look back in my life and wish I had spent more time with my mother then I did while I had a chance. Once they are gone their is no second time around. the one thing that sticks out in my mind in the bible, is honor they father and Mother. Mother's and father's hearts are easy broken, but hard to repair when they are gone.

18. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I had a Thanksgiving Dinner to attend last Saturday at the Local Nursing Home because I have 2 aunts residing there,then tonight I have to go to the nieces house for my side of the family and eat and finally tomorrow at 1:O'clock I have to go to the Mother-in-laws house for another big dinner.Whewwe with all this eatin Thank God for Curves!!:lol:

19. Flintman

Flintman New Member

State:
    OKC, OKLA.
    Pat, sounds like you started plenty early, thats a lot of good eatin, and i'll bet a lot of good fellowship.
    We'll spend turkey day with my mom, moms are the best cooks in the world ya know. Then come home and back to work. Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Flint

20. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    Going to Father-n-laws for thanksgiving then might visit a few neighbo:big_smile: rs