what is COMBAT fishing?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by LadyValea1, Sep 26, 2006.

1. LadyValea1

LadyValea1 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Posted in another area....but what is combat fishing?

Salmon fishing? shoulder to shoulder? in a river? with guns? or rods? :cool2:

2. loki1982

loki1982 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Never heard of combat fishing. But there is a video on the net where some guys in Iraq, Afgah, or some other country fire a rocket launcher into the water and catch some fish. Not sure if that might eb what your refering to. :lol:

3. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Jared thats a biggun in your avatar and I'll bet extremely fun to catch.Which was it RandR Trotline or Jug? And combat fishing?Nows thats a new one!pk powell:smile2:

4. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    when people are fishing below a dam aor tailrace and are shoulder to shoulder, thats what we refer to as combat fishing.

5. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    How terminology has changed.Any more old men out there who's first thought was of fishing with a grenade?Many old miners fished with Carbide before they went to France.Quite a few fought with the British and the French before the U.S. sent troops in WW-1.Some talked of doing it before they got to the trenches.I have a uncle still living who talked of fishing this way during his trip across France and on to Berlin.He said that they were encouraged by the locals who were often hungry and participated in such fishing.I would bet that fish are still produced in this manner in the war zones of the world.. peewee-williams

6. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    You beat me to it thats what it is to us oldtimers:cool2:

7. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    That's what we call it around here also, man I'm glad we got a boat now! LOL!

8. thomcat

thomcat New Member

State:
    pennsylvania 17745
    it is fishing with explosives

9. catfish_jordan

catfish_jordan New Member

State:
    Lincoln,NE
    in my dictionary this is wat it means

conbat fishing- one with a firearm and/or bow. fishing with a partner/rivel.

hope that helps:big_smile:

10. loki1982

loki1982 New Member

State:
    Texas

My avatar fish is 32.5#'s. Caught on a jug. Since then we've caught several more fish on jugs 24,28,and 18# aroudn the same area. I spent 3 weekends fishing the same area with rod and reel using the same bait and have yet to hook into one of these big fish. Good news is, the current lake all tackle record is only 40#'s. So I have a feeling I just might be able to break that record.

11. rcneman

rcneman New Member

State:
    TN
    I have used the term quite a bit over the last 5-10 years and thought that i had coined the term, obviously i was wrong.

Fishin TO ME, has evolved into something akin to sacredness. I do not get to fish as much as i would like too, nor will i ever. I treasure my time at or on the water, as it is my time to appreciate being alive for one thing. I enjoy the solitude of nature, the sounds of the wilderness, the peace and quiet away from the insanity of humanity.
    When the "word" gets out that this fish is bitin here, or those fish are on fire over there.....then suddenly the world that I used to escape to, became "another city" on the water. The exact situation i enjoyed being away from. In a worst case scenario, people walk right up beside you and park their gear.
    I have been fishin at a high altitude lake, no one else in sight, had someone drive up, hike the 1/3 mile from the parkin area, walk 20 feet past me, then tell their kids to start swimmin and dive into the water themselves!

I have had people see me catch a frickin silly fish and pick up all their crap and walk up next to me and start castin right in front of me. Some people cast over you, at you, through you or around you...it's just nuts.

Combat fishin in essence, is when you get there real early, MANY people show up after you, then your surrounded. You literally can not cast out in any other direction other than directly in front of where your at. It's not fun at all. People hang up into each other's crap constantly and on occasion the crapola hits the fan.

blah, that's enough ramblin
    rc

12. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Gee Guys.People seem to have better manners when you are fishing with a grenade.No body ever crowds you.Especially while you are casting.peewee-williams

13. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    :haha: What a hoot!

14. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I've always thought of it as fishing with anything that went boom or with a gun or something.