WHAT IS BEST

Discussion in 'Salt Water Fishing' started by catman4926, May 22, 2008.

1. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    WHAT IS THE BEST TIME TO FISH OUT GOING ARE IN COMING TIDE

2. Txbluecatman

Txbluecatman Member

State:
    Texas
    I think that would depend on the area you are wanting to fish. It also depends on the species of fish you are targeting. In texas I belive some of the shallow bays are best at low tide were you can do some sight fishing for reds. High tide brings in the bait fish and will usually have trout and spanish Mackeral chasing them. Sorry if I couldnt be of more help, I'm just learning how to fish salt water.

3. redfishman

redfishman New Member

State:
    South Louisiana
    From the perspective of fishing marshes I'd have to say a falling tide. We have at most a 1.85 ' tide range unless there are other factors such as wind pushing water into the canes or cordgrass. When the tide changes water begins pouring out of "runouts" into bayous or canals. Predatory fish hang around runout points waiting for an opportunist meal. Same principle when the large canals or ponds empty into larger lakes or bays. In this case -trout are hanging out a little farther out for shrimp-minnows or a nice plastic bait.

Incoming tides seem to have the fish scattered before moving back into the inner ponds-cuts with the water movement. Either way moving water is good so we follow the tides charts closely for whatever we're fishing in.

Mike