What is an average day or night's catch?

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by pinkie43, May 24, 2007.

1. pinkie43

pinkie43 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I'd like to get an idea what a good days catch might be.
    Sam

2. wishiwasfishin

wishiwasfishin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    well any time you go fishing and catch SOMETHING you can't consider it a wasted trip. i guess rreally even if i don't catch nothing i still chalk it up as a good trip. i like to try and catch 5 to 10 fish. 5 being enough to clean and 10 being to many to have to clean:smile2:

3. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    For me zero!! I've been havin a terrible time catchin fish! Guess what I think is a honey hole just isn't! I don't own a boat and I think that in itself hampers me a great deal!------------Sister Pat:big_smile:

4. tobystan_2000

tobystan_2000 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Well, we've been catching 25-30 here the past couple months. However, my brother and I took home 60 two Fridays ago at Lake Tawakoni. I hope the bite is still on Saturday. We'll see.

5. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    if i am after eating size fish i expect to catch at least 10, if after big fish 1 is a good trip.

6. bobby-catfishing

bobby-catfishing New Member

State:
    Highland Villag
    On my boat, I like to think that a good days catch is knowing that the people that are fishing with me learn something new about locating and catching fish. I want them to be able to use what they have learned and catch fish on their own. Limits are usually a good day.

7. TX Fisherman

TX Fisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    yeah at Tawakini the catches can be extremely high but the fish arent as big, ive scene 3 people pull 75 fish outa that lake in a matter of hours, but a normal catch for me on lakes other than tawakini is 4-8 fish, mostly in the 2-5 pound range

8. tobystan_2000

tobystan_2000 New Member

State:
    Texas
    TX Fisherman,

You fish Tawakoni often? I'm looking for someone to get on the boat with me and help me locate some larger fish. Would love to put my 7 year old on a 20lb fish!!

Thanks buddy,

9. tobystan_2000

tobystan_2000 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I purchased a Humminbird 525 last October and have never had any luck getting it to work properly. I think there is a problem with the head unit. So, I bought another one of the same units from someone on the BOC. Well, it's been received, I'll be installing it this evening and putting the boat in the water tomorrow. I hope it works. It'll sure help having that thing on the boat when it comes to locating the bigger fish or at least the proper habitat.

If you wanna go out on the my little puddle jumper with me and my son sometime TX Fisherman, just let me know, brother.

Later,

10. hillcountryfishin

hillcountryfishin New Member

State:
    tx
    I think it depends on alot of things. But to be able to find the fish and put a pattern togther is rewarding for me. I don't get to fish perosnally as much as I used to but have found that finding the fish and putting others on them is just as rewarding.
    A good day's catch to me is working to find the fish. Meaning...plan A didn't work or PLan B and now you must think and rely on your skills and expierences to make it a successful day.
    Those are the days I enjoy most. When I have to adapt to my normal pattern or methods and it all comes to toghter. Numbers of fish will come with time and effort.
    Size will come with patience and perisistance IMHO.
    So I guess an avergae day would be limits of fish but an exceptional day would be 15-25 fish that I had to work my taill off for fihsing multiple spots before putting hopefully more in the boat.
    Great question!