what is an american

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by tspergin, May 17, 2008.

1. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    Theodore Roosevelt's ideas on Immigrants and being an AMERICAN in 1907.

'In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.'
    Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Every American citizen needs to read this!
    KEEP THIS MOVING

2. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    10/4 Tony !!!! It was true in 1907 and By Goly it should be today Also. and those that don't like TUFF !!!! J.D. (And if they don't like it MOVE Back to where ever they came from.

3. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    All I can say is AMEN and all citizens need to be taught that Quote

4. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Richard took the words right out of my mouth....Errrr...Fingers.:wink:

Thanks Tony for the Excellent Post!!!:wink::big_smile:

5. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    God Bless America

6. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Its too bad the Immigrants will never read this ,Cause they wont learn english:wink:

7. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    being an american.

heres a way to tell if your an american.
    you bend over at the gas pump everyday going to work

you have to PAY for medical insurence.

you dont get tax breaks.

you are forced to work for a living.

you dont get to cry discrimination in court.

you have to file taxes.

you have to pay taxes.

your buisness gets taxed.

you didnt marry an american to stay in the us.

your sick of republicans and democrats.

you hate arnold swartanegger, he want free health ins for illegals. be cheaper than the bills there stuck with. i say send them on a bus (ambulance in police and med terms) to mexico to be treted and fined or jailed)

your job has been shipped across a border or non english speaking folks are coming here to do it. but dont pay taxes.

an illegal immigrant named jesus remirez has stold your social sec # to illegally make wages in the us. yep. hes doing it to me now. having all kinds of trouble with unemployment ect... because of it. yet if caught . nothing will be done.
    well im tired of the list already. you guys and gals add to it.:wink:

8. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    p.s.

your in camo fighting in forign lands or have fought. we need not forget them. agree with or not the wars were fighting. the troops deserve our respect. as they are doing the deadliest job to make our lives better. the real first americans.

9. gottagetabigun

gottagetabigun New Member

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    left coast agenda. the problem i see is the democrats are gobbling it up like a duck on a june bug. go figure.

10. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    p.s.s. if your living on a reservation. your a true american. im sad at what my ancestores done to many .

11. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    READ MY POST

LET'S TAKE HER BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    :0a27::0a27::0a27::0a27::0a27::0a27::0a27: Thanks for the post. We need to take America back.

13. tiny b

tiny b Active Member

State:
    TX
    Ol' Teddy had it exactly right!!!! That's not asking to much to become a citizen.

14. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    Some folks say they just want to have the same things you have. Sure they do, Now them same folks are beginning to realize how it affect their job and paycheck. The original inhabitants of this country went thru the same thing. We can't rely on elected officials to do what must be done. For example the elected officials didn't protect citizens in New Orleans, they couldn't and decided to take citizen's guns away to protect the National Guard and police.

People ain't got enough foresight, and common sense. Our elected officials have security and no worries and concerns, they're not really stakeholders like the rest of us.

They collect welfare in one county and work in another. They don't want to learn english. My kids hire immigrant labor, legal I think. But they have to learn spanish because the workers can't learn english. Problem there I think. At least the construction industry realizes the problem and requires it for safety reasons. When some politician has a child molested or drug or prostitution problems, public indecent exposure, theft, rape, etc enough times perhaps they will get serious.

15. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    Identification cards? Well kids are getting fake ID cards to buy cigarettes and liquor. I've seen em and they also go thru a scanner with no problems. Of course, they are the same equipment the state uses to produce driver license cards. Its available and produces quality ID cards. All it takes is money. Well, I bet some of em will be voting in the electin too. Maybe the losing party will try to get serious then. I'm just sayin too little, too late.

16. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I fully agree with Teddy.

I've had his same words on my web site for years.

Tony, thanks for posting