What is a skip Jack?

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by CatFish Daddy, Jul 7, 2006.

1. CatFish Daddy

CatFish Daddy New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    hey brothers, I have been seeing where some people are using skip jacks and I was wondering what it is. What kind of fish is it? is it in SC? I'm planning a big fishing trip this weekend at Santee. I just got my boat of of the shop so I am going to take it to try it out. Hopefully it won't leave me walking...oh I mean swimming. :big_smile: I'll be there from Sunday morning to Monday afternoon. Hey Jim good story. I go to jacksonville every Tuesday to the Pet milk Branch. I am usually there between 5 and 6 pm. Maybe we can hook up sometime and meet. I also go to Hinesville every Saturday to Wal-mart and deliver their milk. For those of you who don't know Hinesville is right at Fort Stewart, Ga.. Jim, I also have son in the Army. He is stationed over in Iraq right now, but he is coming home in less than 2 months. I can't wait for him to get out of that place. When he gets back, he will be on leave for a while and then he will go back to Alaska. Well everybody I've go to go . Good fishing!!

Catfish Daddy

2. caymancat

caymancat New Member

State:
    Ohio

3. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Rock I'm not sure if they have Skipjack down there.I have never seen any but that doesn't mean anything.Hope your son makes it ok I know you will be glad when he gets home.Where is the pet milk branch here in Jacksonville?Hope you catch a bunch they were biting well over the 4th.:smile2:

4. CatFish Daddy

CatFish Daddy New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    hey caymancat thanks for that 411 on a skip jack we have shad around here so maybe its all pretty much the same I guess a shad is a shad lol will be glad when sunday gets here ready to go fishing well thanks again for the 411 takes me for ever to hunt and peck on the keys to send a message but i guess i will get better sooner or later

5. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Catfish Daddy, tell that son of yours thanks for doing what he does over there in the sandbox.

6. CatFish Daddy

CatFish Daddy New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    hey thanks guys I will be real glad for my son to get out of there to. Jim the branch is right up from western on the right side of the road across from bryan marr body shop close to the KIA dship. i hope to catch a 50 lb pluss catftsh my biggest one so for was 30lb flathead i was fishing in the big pee dee river i was using live ell.well it took me so long to peck out this messsage that everyone is probley gone.

7. da-cajun-angla

da-cajun-angla New Member

State:
    louisiana
    I Have Been Catching Thse Things For The Last Few Years And Never Knew What They Were Called! I Called It A Silver Goldfish...lol!!

8. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    here on hartwell we have all kinds of shad, they say skipjacks should start showing up in numbers soon what ever that means, we have hickory shad that get pretty large but it is illegal to catch in throw net or to transport to another lake. hartwell may be the only lake that is land locked that they are in, in the state.

9. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Catfish Daddy, saw your brother yesterday in georgetown, but didn't get to talk, just spoke. maybe next time.

10. CatFish Daddy

CatFish Daddy New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Well he is no longer in Georgetown. He went back to his post in Conway.