What is a Skip Jack?

Discussion in 'Skipjack Herring' started by missouri cat hunter, Aug 15, 2009.

1. missouri cat hunter

missouri cat hunter New Member

State:
    missouri
    i just got a quick q wats a skip jack it mind sound retarted lol but where ive been and where i come from its always cut shad or creek chub ​

2. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    look up " alosa chrysochloris " or just " skipjack herring " and it will give you many different references on explaining it. Basically its just a large shad.:wink:

3. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    It is a freshwater herring that is a real oily fish.

4. gefvxd

gefvxd New Member

State:
    Missouri
    where do you find them?

5. etexun

etexun New Member

State:
    Texas (Nea
    I am glad to see this. I was wondering what a Skipjack was too. Now I know. Thanks for the information.

6. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    skipjack is the best cutbait I have ever used. Stays on the hook better than shad and out performs most of the time too. good luck guys

7. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    They look like a miniature tarpon. We usually catch a few in the dead of winter on crank baits around the MariOsa access while fishing for hybrid and white bass.

8. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    They are a tantalizing morsel of pure satisfaction:003: It can be compared to the "Allure" of a krabby-patty:tounge_out: When cast upon the waters it delivers a heavenly attraction to the massive body creature referred to as "Big-Blue". It will deliver fish of sizeable porportion & draw them to you from many yards away:cool2: It is higly sought after & very elusive at times. It will make a blue bite when it is gorged with shad and about to bust at the seams....Yes it is a true-wonder & honor to posess such a sacred delight:worship: Am i worthy of such an awsome possession???:cool2::tounge_out::wink: If i have forgotten anything please feel free to add on to the list!!!:big_smile:

9. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    LMAO!!!!! It's pretty OBVIOUS that it isn't just the blue cats that lose their mind over this bait!:smile2:

10. moriver

moriver New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Sounds like it has the same effect as Cheez Burgers do on me....:eek:oooh:

11. restorerancientiron

restorerancientiron New Member

State:
    Cadiz, KY
    Seth , I have often thought of them as like tarpon.We catch them quite often while fishing for crappie in the lakes and in the rivers when the white bass start to spawn.When they hit , they fight hard and even jump like baby tarpons.

12. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    I will bet ya can't take just one!!!!LMAO see ya saturday!!!:cool2:

13. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Skipjack to catfishermen are like cheat codes to video gamers. It gives the advantage straight to the person. Almost like cheating at times :big_smile: