What is a level wind? - Sorry for not knowing

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by field989, Jun 1, 2006.

1. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    sorry for me not knowing but what exactly is "level wind" and what does it do?

2. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    It is a guide on a baitcasting reel that moves side to side as you reel in, insuring that the fishing line is evenly spooled in.

Don't be sorry, happy to help in any way!

3. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    wow......... i figured it was somethin like real complicated.... lol it makes so much sinse now

4. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    That is why we come here day after day, to help folks, have fun, and even learn a thing or three along the way.
    There is no such thing as a silly question on this board. The only silly questions are the ones that don't get asked!!!
    If you have a question, just ask. The members here are more than happy to help others. That is what makes the BOC what it is.

5. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana

rite on brother,jw!!!!!!

6. HOPPY4

HOPPY4 New Member

State:
    Waldorf MD
    field989, When you are using a reel with Levelwind as a casting reel, it will limit your distance. That is the one MAJOR drawback for me when fishing with them. I personally have only the Levelwind reels for my usage. I am casting an average of 70yds. with them. You will need to decide if this is the type of baitcasting reel that you need for the applications you want. JMHO!!!!!!

HOPPY4