What inspired your boat's name?

Discussion in 'Boating' started by jeremiad, Jul 10, 2007.

1. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    What is the name of your boat again? Why did you call it that?

I know that there is another thread about the boat names, but a lot of you failed to mention why you called her that!

Just interested...

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    MY MIND IS GONE Pretty much self explanitory. LOL!

3. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    HA!

I always figured that any boat deserves a name, even if its a small one. If anything, an unnamed vessel could jinx your fishing, don't you agree?

Besides, if you are going to spend more time with her than your wife, don't you think she should be named? :wink:

Katyak is quite obviously a play on spelling, but was not my first choice. I finally figured that shorter is better; a longer name won't fit a 12' boat all that well!

4. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    BEATS WORKIN'

I'm not too fond of my job. No further explanation needed.:wink:

5. pamlee101

pamlee101 New Member

State:
    carrollton
    we still haven't come up with a name for our little boat. need to find one soon.

our big boat, we went to look at a couple of other boats, but when Lee saw this one he had a "this is it" look on his face. walking around it i noticed the name. "this is IT" fit so well that we didn't change it.

6. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    In the past when I came in from a late night of fishing my wife asked me if I was having an affair, cause I sometimes come home in the am. I explained to her that I only loved her and would never do such a thing. So my boat got the name Love Affair.

7. bwillaub

bwillaub New Member

State:
    missouri
    My boat is called "THE MONEY PIT"..........need I say why?
    :0a22:

8. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    to many boats getting to close.USS PISH OFF

9. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    "victoria Jane" NOT the name i wanted to pick. i was going more for get bent. as in your fishing rod. then putting a mostly dressed pin up girl on the front slightly bent at the waist and holding a bowed up fishing rod. unfortunately my wife loves me too much for that. so SHE decided on victoria jane... victoria is her middle name and jane is the first name of both of my great grandmothers (still alive by the way) on both sides of my family. how masculine...

10. oldguy

oldguy New Member

State:
    Kansas
    On more than one occassion I'd skip out of work and go fishing, leaving the other folks in the office to come up with some type of cover for me. Felt kind of bad having folks lie for me and somehow our stories never matched up...then the boss would start asking too many questions and everybody worried if a Special Prosecutor was going to be brought in. The situation was getting out of control...it appeared work was going to get in the way of fishing...something had to be done and fast.

Not sure who came up with the name, but "Company Business" was the perfect solution. Boss would call, "...he's out on Company Business." Wife would call, "....he's out on Company Business." Sitting in the boat, clients would call, "...I'm out on Company Business." Everything was working great until one day the boss asked me to take him and his kid fishing, in the middle of the work day. Thought the gig was up for sure since I saw him read the name on the back of the boat, but he didn't say anything. A couple of hours into the trip, his cell-phone rings and it's HIS boss. He starts to panic because he knows he has to answer it, but he's a terrible liar. He looks at me and frantically asks what he should do. I leaned over the transom, looked at the name and told him, "Answer the phone and tell him you can't talk for long, your with me and an important client, and we're out on Company Business."