What I'm sick of !!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by JimmyJonny, Sep 28, 2007.

1. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    I decide to start this thread because, well, there are some things that I'm just plain sick of !!! I thought that by sharing our thoughts that we may realize we aren't alone and that other people feel the same. My objective is to gain comfort in knowing we are not alone or the desire to change what annoys us. Have fun and let it all out !!

I'm sick of watching TV with wife my kids (6 & 9) and these commercials come on showing male enhancement. Come on !! I'm no angel and you prolly hear me curse if I lost a big one but there is a time and a place for everything. Putting this junk on TV is just plain going to far for me. Thank God my kids haven't asked me what it means yet. What made me think of this is when my 6yr old son started whistling that one stupid enhancement commercial. You know, the one where the guy (think Ed) is always pointing his finger. I'm so bad I even feel uncomfortable when a famale product commercial comes on while I'm watching TV with mom and dad, lol. I don't think it should be where are kids can see this stuff at such a young age. This is just one thing that's been bothering me for a long time and just wanted to let it out that I'm just plain sick of it.

I feel better already ; )

2. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Well jimmy if your kid's are only 6 & 9 try watching the cartoon channel with them or bring them out side to play or maybe fishing? As an adult you are the one that has the final say to what they watch :wink:

3. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    here is what i am tired of. all of these liberal left wingers crying about how unfair everything is, and how it is everyone elses fault but their own. if i am confusing you, let me put it into perspective. john is a young man, around 20yo, has been in and out of jail, is currently on probation for robbery, his wrap sheet contains the following: assault, burglary, robbery, possession of illegal narcotics, distribution of controlled substances, etc. john has 2 children by 2 diffrent women, neither of whom are his wife, and both of whom have other children from men other than John. John will not get a job, he would rather steal and sell drugs for a quick buck rather than conform. But for some reason John cannot figure out why his life is so messed up. so he blames the government, the media, the wealthy, the working class, anybody who has it better that he does. he does not look in the mirror and blame himself, he feels that he is merely doing what he has to do to get by. so istead of following the rules and getting a job, he would rather blame all of his problems on everyone else. these are the kinds of things i am tired of. i am also tired of everything being blamed on race, ethnicity, religious convictions, political affiliation, gender, etc. if you feel that your life is so bad, then grow up and do something about it. the only one who can make it better is you. stop looking for a handout. nothing was ever handed to me, and i didnt ask for anything that i didnt earn through sweat, blood, and tears. i am not meaning to offend anyone, and if i have then i am sorry. but this is something i cant stand.

4. JimmyJonny

State:
    sc
    Yea , you tell my kids they can't watch wrestling or the fights on TV at night ( along with the other millions of kids that watch it) , lol. They watch cartoons/play/fish just as much as any other kids do. I'm just sick of having to change the channel when this stuff comes on TV. If I really had the final say so it wouldn't be on TV to begin with. And like I said I even feel uncomfortable seeing this in front of my parents. I could watch cartoons with my parents but then it would go from feeling uncomfortable to just plain silly.

5. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I honestly can't tell you the last time I watched TV. I will watch our local news and turn it off. My wife Nancy does watch, it helps her relax after a long day. She rarely watches commercial TV and stays with her cable learning shows. Growing up in the early 50's we shared a TV set with my Dad's brothers. They would move it from house to house, and you would get it for the weekend. So I started young, and I can't stand it anymore, trivial, and brainless and crude.

What Joey said is esp. meaningful to me and I can relate to the same attitudes I see in this small rural farming community I live near. I would not know how I could live in a Metropolitan area again, and I did for 20 years in Chicago. I have a gate across my long lane and the more that I stay home the happier I am becoming.

6. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    I'm sick and completely tired of stupid and ignorant people judging me because I'm on SS/SSDI. I am on Chemotherapy and well when people ask me where I work I cringe cause I just know some ignorant bastard is gonna immediately gonna catorgarize me as a welfare gut or a freeloader,..I AM NOT! I have legitimate issuess as well as a store owner to boot but people just dont semm to care at all...AND SPONGES I had my friend Tom between jobs and losing his apartment staying with me for 3 weeks and to be nice we never really hassled him about all the extra laundry and food expenses (we ordered out every night just about) meanwhile I found out that he was sitting on $200.00 in his pocket and never once offered to contribute anything to us!!! He is a LAZY POT SMOKIN SLOB and when we told him to pick up his dirty dishes he's just push them under the couch where he was sitting! Jeesh! He was afraid to talk to his mother cause she wanted to get him a job and what little money he did get from the state for his Army time he spent on his dad (who is no longer married to his mom) This guy won't give him any money orlet him sleep over at his house or help him out a bit but when he (Tommy) gets his check (200.00) his old man is right there ready to go to the bar to suck down his money and then leave when Tom is broke! So guess wgere Tom goes...yup, our apt. Well I pointed all this stuff out and now he is really mad at us and I havn't heard from him in minths...which is funny sinc we graciously bought him a cell phone with plenty of units/minutes on it so he could call around for jobs!! I asked for the phone back and he just ran with it! Nw tom dosent like us because we put him up and fed him and did all sorts of nice things for him but I guess that wasn't enough for Ol Tom Packer!.... I have since stopped communication with good ol' Tom Packer and can only wish him well. You know the old cliche about "with friends like that then who needs enemies? right?"
    :embarassed::angry:

7. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Jim,
    You might consider that if your parents had explained things and been more open with you then you would feel more comfortable with those things now. I believe that you might be passing on to your kids things that your parents passed on to you. Now, please don't be offended, I'm not saying you or your parents are bad parents; mine were exactly the same.
    It's unfortunate that kids these days have to grow up so fast. They are bombarded with things from a very early age that place parents in a precarious position.
    I think the TV is the least of our worries, we can turn it off but even if we use the off button to censor the TV we cannot control what they hear on the playground, some of which is way beyond their understanding but they are curious by nature and want to know. If we can't protect our kids totally from this stuff the best we can do is to be the ones who explain it to them. Don't change that channel, that will only convey to them that it's something they shouldn't know about. That in turn will ensure they try to find out about it.
    Believe me I do know how you feel; I was a single parent of an 11 year old girl.
    Can you imagine how I squirmed when she came home from school one day and asked me what mast****te and org**m meant?
    I swear I heard the front door slam as her innocence left the building...W

8. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    pretty much feel the same about the commercials i feel they are unneccesary
    i really dislike rolling DJ's .
    if i want to hear snoopdorks news crap i will go to a store and buy it and
    listen to it myself . i dont need people thumping by my house at night or even in the day time rattleing my windows and pulling alongside me at the stoplights causeing me to feel the vibration to the bone.
    i really hope they start that ban soon here , its on its way to nearby towns we are due to recieve it too..
    as i said in another post quoteing a paul harvey bit...self government wont work without self disipline .
    if we took a little time to realize the consequences of our actions before we
    did things we wouldn't need big brother to make new laws.
    thats my rant for the morning. :tounge_out:

9. JimmyJonny

State:
    sc
    I'm not offended at all : ) You got it on the button about my parents. As far as my family (wife/kids) I'm very open and don't mind explaining things at all to the kids. I feel it's necessary and I'm not embarrassed to teach them and honestly enjoy it. I just think that a lot commercials are going to far. Its almost like the commercials are actually worse than show we are trying to watch. I realize that kids see things everywhere but we cant control that. Its another thing when so called adults run these commercial adds with the concern of only money. TV is something we can control and just "wish" we didn't have to deal with this issue. I just don't agree that because the problems are out there already that we should go ahead and expose our children to such adult content. TV/internet/music are the #1 reasons for all this growing up so fast in the first place. I come from a old school Italian family, very religious and respectful. I just want the chance to teach my children about God, love, and respect before sex , adultery, and homosexuality. But all said and done I cant change it and I'm not about to throw the TV out the window over it so I will just have to deal with it and just keep on focusing on being a good role model. My dad always said, " You know what's good and you know what's bad. And if you believe in something stick to your guns boy". I guess that's why I can be so stubborn on certain topics. Like I said I'm not offended at all and my intensions in this post are only meant to be expressional not argumentive. Thanks for all your input and keep them coming-Jim-

10. metalman

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    I realized that although I responded to Jim I didn't actually contribute to the theme of this thread.
    I too am sick of listening to other peoples "music" when I'm in my car. If they want to listen to it that loud they should buy a house and play it in the basement.
    I am sick too of the whiners and the spongers. I'm not against S.S. just those who abuse it.
    I'm sick of bigots and racists and Bible thumpers who try to save my soul while having an affair with their neighbors wife.
    I'm sick of corporate criminals, huge corporations who pay disproportionately small amounts of tax.
    I'm sick of soaring oil company profits.
    I'm sick of the money wizards who can shake the economy with their Wall Street shennanagins.
    I'm sick of mediocrity and the growing trend of people trying to get away with doing just enough to get the job done instead of doing the job properly.
    I'm sick of our lawmakers in Washington getting a free ride for the rest of their lives after they have "represented" us.
    I'm sick of those low-lifes who leave trash whenever and wherever they go fishing.
    I'm sick of a lot of things but life is still good...W

11. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I can't believe that you guys brought up the loud music thing! Yesterday we were just discussing this. Reason being, I had only had about 3 hrs sleep before I went to college. I have a 2 hr. break between classes and decided that since it was a nice day that I would kick back and relax in the car, maybe take a nap. Well that didn't happen! Some jerk pulled in and parked behind me with his music blaring. (at least he was listening to decent music instead of that rap crap) He finally went to class about 5 min. later, but then there was 5 or 10 more cars driving around the parking lot doing the same thing. Now we are in a SCHOOL parking lot. People are trying to study, and you can hear them inside parts of the building. I like to listen to my music loud too, but you gotta have some respect for others. Personally I want to hear MY music, not yours!

OK, got that off my chest.
    Now, room-mates! Ready to kill the one living with us! His job pays better than mine or Matts. He had to have surgery and has some health problems, was off work so long that he got behind on bills and got evicted from his house. He has a dog that is 13yrs. old and couldn't find anything to rent that would allow his dog. He actually lived in his car for a month. I finally felt sorry for him and let him stay with us. (mostly for the dog, he lived with me for years before I moved in with Matt) The condition was that he had to put money away to get his own place, and we would not charge him rent. Well it has been 2 months and he aint even saved a dime to move or looked for a place. Pi$$ing me off. That and I aint his mother! He is here rent free, he could at least do dishes once in a while, but no, lets them sit in his room for a few days, then puts them in the sink for me to do!:angry: I'm gonna kill him! I have alot of pet peeves with this one, but I'll stop there.

I have alot that I am sick of, but you guys don't want to hear it all, cause that would be a long post!:smile2:

12. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    im sick of amy closing the store at night.
    im sick of living next to a town that reaks of old south racism to the rest of the country, even though the vast majority of the time i am subject to reverse racism, (blew me away too. i didnt think it existed)
    im sick of the fact that my boss has no idea how much money i make and doesnt plan on increasing it anytime soon, reguardless of performance.
    im sick of the thought that im not covering my baby bro's back while he does his pump in the sandbox.
    im fed up with stupid people. i just wish i knew how to define stupid.
    im po'd at the housing market. how dumb do you have to be to get a fluctuating mortgage rate on a house you cant afford?
    im not impressed with the fact that i spend half my day covered in grease and sawdust and the other half doing paper work and trying to keep up with things like the housing market.
    and finally i am unhappy with myself for not taking more control over my life and the things that influence my life. some times you just gotta quit your
    b!^ChiN and grab a straw to suck it up.

13. BLKCLOUD

BLKCLOUD New Member

State:
    Pulaski Tn
    I dvr all tv shows that I watch..which mainly constist of poker..I dont watch commercials..
    I'm sick of the IRS
    the worst thing that I used to be sick of the the nightly news..I finally swore it off when they showed a guy who couldnt find his 3 boys open his trunk up only to find them dead in there..I'm not mentally strong enough to brush stuff like that off and it sticks in my head for a long time..The news is nothing but bad news and I refuse to watch it any more..

14. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I am sick of young girls going out getting knocked up and expecting tax payers to pay for their morals

I am sick of people who play the system because society owes it to them

I am sick of scam artists who pray on our parents

I am sick of Peta

I am sick of the Anti everything in my backyard but its okay in yours

I am sick of Shawn thinking he can whip my wife in a fair fight!!

More to continue!!

15. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    who the heck is shawn? and what is he smoking?

16. metalman

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    A few years ago I lived in a very quiet sub division on the edge of town. One young lad who lived down the road got himself a car and promptly decked it out with those giant speakers and stuff. He would come home late at night and my bedroom windows would rattle. After a few days of this I walked down the street when the kid and his buds were hanging out in his driveway.
    The conversation went something like:
    Me "Nice car"
    Him "Thanks"
    Me "Do you know where I live?"
    Him "Er yes, down the street"
    Me "I'll make a deal with you"
    Him "Huh"
    Me "Here's the deal. You turn your sounds down when you drive past my house and I won't blow your car up"
    Him "Er...ok"
    Problem solved.
    If only it were that simple every time...W

17. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Invest heavily in hearing aid companies. Just a few more years to wait until the market busts wide open.

18. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    I sick of not having heroes and roll models who reflect right and wrong; a fall back for lazy parents.
    These younger people out there now are the kind who would "Shoot Matt in the back, and rape Miss Kitty".

19. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I'm sick of the constant ringing in my ears from years of loud rock music, and the report of firearms. Anybody got any tips on a good brand of hearing aide?

20. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Tinitis Kat: Constantly sounds like crickets or cicadas in your ears? Mine from jackhammers, dogs, pruners, chain saws, wife, machinery. They supposedly have some good drugs for it now. I am deaf anyhow so it's kind of nice to have that noise in my ears all the time. John.