What I think would be helpful!!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by RetiredToFish, Apr 23, 2008.

1. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Hey guys and gals .... When I am looking at postings and profiles of people on here ... I notice that MOST people only put OHIO as where they are from ... this isn't really helpful .... why don't everyone put at least what town they live in .... I might be looking for someone to take fishing some time and I don't want to ask 20 people before I find one that is close enough to go ....... How about it ... no one is going to steal your fishing place from knowing where you live .... and I hope none of you are ashamed of where you live ... Garry- :eek:oooh:

2. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    I think this should be required when signing up. I'm with ya Garry.

3. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    I put my town in my signature.

4. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    Retired
    Heck Fire I'm alittle ashame of where I live,,,,2nd or 3rd place for highest taxes, calls Blue Catfish endangered (lol) etc., etc,

:smile2:

5. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio

You did GOOD Gary ..... :big_smile: .... Garry-

6. 72hdflh

72hdflh New Member

State:
    West Salem, Ohio
    Right on Garry.

7. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Oh ... I think I figured it out ... You don't put your hometown on here because you are all in the Witness Protection Program .... Because you have all done naughty things in the past .... tsk, tsk .... :cool2: ... Garry-

8. fishnohio

fishnohio New Member

State:
    Middletown,Ohio
    sounds like a good idea to me also.....so mine is updated.......Mike

9. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I do a good deal of posting in the OHIO section because I am from Chillicothe. The army has decided that I am from Fort Campbell, Ky so that's what I put. Not a bad deal, since I have the Cumberland river right in town. Unfortunatly of my 5 months of being stationed there. I have only been there for a few weeks.

10. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Garry, I cant do that..I had my city up for awhile and found out that there is alot of lurkers on this site from my area...They could generally tell where I fished from my post, and they trotlined the heck out of some of my spots and sold the fish to pay lakes...Or just as bad they trashed up the areas and took the fish to stock there private ponds..I am not kidding.

11. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    i put my town in,good idea

12. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    It's a big problem among NC members.
    I'm kinda proud of where I call home and yes it's helpful if members from the same state or area can see where each other are from.
    NC doesnt say much. If I lived in a border town I could be hooking up with people in the next state if we listed the towns.

NC covers alot of area. Mountains, piedmont, and coastal plain.

13. CatFuStyle

CatFuStyle New Member

State:
    Xenia, Ohio
    now thats pretty bad, when u cant even post the city u live in cause of the lurkers, but i dont blame u seen some of the pics youve posted and for one def dont blame yas. for me what is there to catch in Xenia besides a tornado :smile2::smile2::smile2:

14. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Careful... you are being asked to post private info from a law dog.....:cool2:

15. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    Dang Jack thats bad, do you have to change vehicles a couple times on your way to the river to confuse the ones following you? :smile2:
    Sorry that just popped into my head and had to come out :confused2:

16. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I think it helps also. When ever I see a new member from Ohio post I would like to know if they are close of not. I think most are just leery of the internet and belonging to a site until they get used to us. Would you really want a guy that looks like Griz knowing where you live! lol:smile2::smile2::wink:

17. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    i wouldnt mind if griz knew where i lived,its those clean cut guys like mark j you have to worry about.griz looks like the kind you dont wanna make mad,then you might not want him to know where ya live :smile2::smile2:

18. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thats what I like Richard. A new member that can see through the fog!:smile2::smile2::smile2: lol

19. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    lol,well i try to be a good judge of character.................

20. catfish361

catfish361 New Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    HECK THE ONLY THING I AM ASHAMED OF. WHERE I AM FROM IN OHIO IS THAT IT IS TOO FAR FROM A GOOD RIVER TO FISH IN.I AM A RIVER FISHERMAN AND BLACKLICK SUBURB OF COLUMBUS DOESN'T HAVE ANY GOOD RIVERS. OK WHAT I MEAN BY A GOOD RIVER IS ONE I CAN LAUNCH MY BOAT AND RUN FOR A FEW MILES.
    I'LL TELL YA WHERE MY FISHING WHOLE IS, THE QUESTION IS CAN YOU CATCH THEM.:smile2: