What I saw today. Not for weak stomachs!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Trophy Hunter, Dec 9, 2006.

1. Trophy Hunter

Trophy Hunter New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Well, I went fishing today. When I put my boat in I noticed a big dead dog under the dock. It had a harness around it's waste so I decided to check for tags. When I pulled it out I was disgusted to see it had been clipped to a weight. Somebody decided to drown the poor dog. What kinda of sick S.O.B. does that? I called animal control in case someone has reported it missing. Anyway, I tore up the eating size blues today but could not get a big one to eat what I was serving. (squid and chicken thighs)

Mark

2. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr

Could you tell what kind of dog it was???? Looked sort of like a pit bull from what i can see, but i cant tell to much though

3. Trophy Hunter

Trophy Hunter New Member

State:
    Virginia
    It had the face of an Irish Setter, but the hair was short like a Lab. So, I guess it was a mut.

Mark

4. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Thats messed up that someone would do that man, there are some freaking sick people out there

5. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Thats is terrible.

6. TomV

TomV New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Missouri
    That's wrong!

Sorry you had to find it and sorry things like that happen.

Some people's kids...

7. Trophy Hunter

Trophy Hunter New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I am with you. This was the first time my boys had not been fishing with me in a long time.

Mark

8. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    I think it would be fair to find that sicko, tie a weight to him and throw him in.

9. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Yeah, I tell ya, just once wouldnt you like to walk up on someone doing that?? Id happily do some jail time for that opportunity and Im sure a jury would go light on me.
    I know one time when I was about 14-15 ( 25 years ago) I was walking up along teh Little Miami River about a 1/4 mile from a public access and found a dog that was chained to a tree with a big pile of dog food there, a hunting beagle, it had just recently died, It was very disturbing and I lost a lot of sleep over that image in my mind and why someone would deliberately do that.
    Yeah, just once would i like to catch someone doing something like that......Id go totally ghetto on them and have them pay for about 30 years of pent up anger of animal cruelty.

Salmonid

10. Trophy Hunter

Trophy Hunter New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I deleted the pictures by mistake. Here they are.

Attached Files:

11. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    That's horrible!!! I love dogs. Like salmanoid said, I would like to catch someone doing something like that just once. That's as bad as murder in my book.

12. guns sugar

guns sugar New Member

State:
    Georgia
    we were coming home this afternoon and foudn two dogs look like thye had been dropped off out close to our lake... no houses in sight so i called some people i know who will go see if they can get them and take care of those poor dogs its been in single digits here in the mtns... there are no houses in miles of these two dogs ... they looked lost to me and i had a female dropped off here and she had 7 pups... we got homes for them and i just wish the ones who do this has it coming round to them!

13. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    i dont see how someone could do that and not feel somewhat bad and feel like they pretty much murdered a living thing. its not like it doesnt have guts and a mind and feelings like we do. its a living animal, no differnt from me and you but in a differnt form the way i look at it. thats total bull, sorry bout the language but it really ticks me off.

14. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    thats messed up on soo many levels. Someone should have to pay for that. Whoever done that is one disturbed individual. :ah:

15. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    oh yeah, would definately go to jail for assault.....and maybbe kidnapping kidnapping also, i'd snatch their A** up and let some of my friends get a peice too!

16. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Kat in the Hat,
    That is murder in my book! The dirty SOB should be tortured like he tortured that poor defenseless dog. Anyone that would do that to a dog is not a man in my book. I'm sorry but I have no use for anyone who would torture an innocent dog! He is nothing but a low light COWARD!!!!!!!!!!

17. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Y'all bear that in mind as yer moving around...that person wouldn't hesitate to harm us too. Had a real go of it with poachers on the family farms this year. My cousin's dog took an arrow in the throat. He made it, but $400 vet bill. He'd seen a suburban slow and a hunter with bow jump out down the road front of the pasture. Put the dog on em, figured to give em a run and a scare. Guy sticked em. My family living in the country are all packing, scared as much as living downtown in a bad neighborhood.
    Us or our pets are'nt safe.
    :angry:

18. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

mine to man that is just horrible. disgust is what I am feeling right now going through the possible scenerios in my head as to what could have happened to cause that and they all PI$$ me off.