What I have learned this year.

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by s_man, Nov 17, 2007.

1. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Of the many things I have learned this year, none compare to the information I have taken from catfishrollo. I am a guy that thinks I know a little something something, about flathead fishing and catfishing in general. This year I met a guy named catfishrollo. The boy has been tourney fishing since he was 6 yrs old. And I can guarantee, He has caught more and bigger fish in the last 20 years, than anyone else on this thread. I was lucky enough to get to know him on the water. Even though I have caught more and larger fish each time we fished together, doesn't diminish his overall catfishing prowess. I am still lurking in his shadow, I think he is a better fisherman than me. But that won't last long. I Hate being in second place.
    Basically what I'm saying is "If rollo tells you something, its pretty much GOSPEL". I don't want you all to start calling him or sending PM's. Just read what he puts out, and see who catches you more fish LOL.

2. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    thats right just see who catches you more fish! thanks skip... rollo

3. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    thanks skip...i have been a member almost a year and have met many great people on here...but don't let skip fool you... there are good catmen on here like the s-man.....t-spergin...jason454 ....and etc.. i just post how i fish and hope it helps someone. my ways aren't the only ways and the best.. look forward to the inputs of others as well...thanks brothers...rollo

4. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    thanks skip, what are you talking about second place? i didn't know there was a ranking system in the ohio posts.. if you feel like you need to bump me from something then go ahead....? not understanding?? rollo

5. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    lol:smile2: got u again!!!!

6. cats gone wild

cats gone wild Member

State:
    canal winchester, ohio
    Don't sell yourself short Skip. It is true that Rollo is a wealth of information but so are you! With the tips you have been willing to give me I have tripled my flathead numbers from last year. Including getting my bp flathead of 44 lbs. Both of you have alot to offer the catfishing world.

7. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    If I can't knock you off your throne, nobody can LOL.

8. james_s333

james_s333 New Member

State:
    byesville,ohio
    hahahaha...whats funny is i only been fishing for flatties for this past summer and my pb is only 44 inches.....i read rollos post and do everything he says and none of it has been productive!!!!!!But if it wasnt for ppl like rollo,s-man,jason 454....and all others on this site i would of never got my pb...thanks everybody

9. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    there is no throne here.... i caught some nice river fish this year, but not like in years past!!! look at the past months pic.s im gonna sell my soul soon and retire!!:smile2:

10. Montgomery

Montgomery New Member

State:
    OHIO
    it didn't take me long to figure out . that you guys are great. honestly if i can be honest. you 2 is what keeps me coming back to this place. i am a rookie trying to catch up to you guys. i see how you take time to post long threads . just to share or to inform . i feel the same way you all feel. when you teach someone somthing and it works for them. or you take them fishing and they catch fish . that feeling that only a fisherman feels. when his line goes crazy. all you guys want is to share that feeling with others. and i look up to you both for that . listening to you all. has landed most of my fish this year. i haven't landed nothing really . but more then ever before . one day i hope i can share on here just as you all do. thank you both ..... it helps that your both from ohio to , since i look atmostly ohio threads. lol i feel lucky..its funny i was thinking the other day . that next year i'm 100 percent going to follow your guys threads . and apply your tactics . even chage with the seaons and all. cause its hard to not fish like i always have and try somthign else. but i must say if it wasn't for trying and listening . i would have had more fishless nights......

11. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Thank you Mike,

12. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    This has got to be the funniest thread I have read in a while, thanks for the chuckle guys, LMAO!!!

13. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    :worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:
    Oh Please share some more of ya'lls great secrets, O'Catfish Guru's!!!!:worship::worship::worship::worship:

14. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    To post a statement like this on an open board is crazy!!! There are plenty of others on this board that would argue with this statement. But they most likely won't because they are laughing to hard to type, LMAO!!!

15. crazy cathunter

crazy cathunter New Member

State:
    ohio
    Just yesterday i sent a p.m. to rollo, asking him about a river boat i want to get. My exact words to him was( I AM ASKING YOU BECAUSE YOU DONT BULLSH*T WHEN IT COMES TO A SERIOUS QUESTION). And not only did he answer my question, he let me know that my choice in boats may be to narrow and gave me a name of a company that made a wider boat! THANK-YOU ROLLO! By the way the name of that boat is THE BIG JON made by Lowe. And s-man, I see the things you post and the fish you catch, you aint no rookie sir! You both have my respect and someday when i get my stuff together i would like to fish with both you guys! Both of you have made me feel welcome, you guys put the BROTHERHOOD in B.O.C.! Rich Griffith a.k.a. crazy cathunter

16. crazy cathunter

crazy cathunter New Member

State:
    ohio
    Just yesterday i sent a p.m. to rollo, asking him about a river boat i want to get. My exact words to him was( I AM ASKING YOU BECAUSE YOU DONT BULLSH*T WHEN IT COMES TO A SERIOUS QUESTION). And not only did he answer my question, he let me know that my choice in boats may be to narrow and gave me a name of a company that made a wider boat! THANK-YOU ROLLO! By the way the name of that boat is THE BIG JON made by Lowe. And s-man, I see the things you post and the fish you catch, you aint no rookie sir! You both have my respect and someday when i get my stuff together i would like to fish with both you guys! Both of you have made me feel welcome, you guys put the BROTHERHOOD in B.O.C.! Rich Griffith a.k.a. crazy cathunter

17. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i thought that was funny also J.W lol:smile2: but, i will take the credit:smile2: rollo

18. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    ok, out of all seriousness, thanks for the posts and the words skip. but, i have to say when i met skip he was a good fisherman, and has paided his dues and learned this sport himself, putting in his time. yes, i have discussed tactics with him and others, but don't feel it has made him any better in the process. i post threads on topics trying to tell my side of it the way i fish to help those in wonder. and by no means is it the best way or the only way. it is the way i see it. i have not caught the biggest fish on the forum by far, and there are many others that have taught me things i use now since i joined the site. like my dad always said respect your elders...there are many great fishermen on here that have been fishing longer than me and know a heck of alot more. so i guess i just would like to say, thanks brothers for your post everyday, and the help...and don't listen to skip about braggin me up... but do listen to his info. on flatheads... he does know what he is doing... rollo:big_smile:

19. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Wsssshhew, That was close, LMAO!!!

Glad you could come back in here and straighten this out, LOL!!! There for a minute,I wasn't sure if I should, Bow or Kneel when you walked by, ROTFLMAO!!!

20. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    JW, you should blow and kneel when your neighbor DH walks by! We all know he taught you everything you know.....

JW, you oughtta come up here and fish with us Ohio boys. Flathead fishing is a lot different than the fishing you do. How hard is it to float a boat down river with a piece of bait and 10 rods hanging over the side?

We learned Michagan a thing or two, I spose it won't be hard to teach a Kentuckian, we'll just have to talk a lot slower.

Your favorite anchor,

Shawn

PS Skip is a great fisherman! He can find you true wintering holes.... for GAR!