what i have learned from this site!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by trippyclwn, Oct 21, 2005.

1. trippyclwn

trippyclwn Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Name:
    Tracey
    i want to take this opportunity to tell you guys how much i learned from this site and how much you all mean to me.
    1.i learned that barbels are what hurt not the whiskers lol
    2.i learned that to keep a family atmosphere you hafta disagree sometimes but not take things personally.
    3.i learned several new rigs and how to fish em!
    4.i learned that you guys are what make me stay dedicated to the sport of catfishing between the gallery and all the info i read how can i turn fishing down? lol
    5.i learned a lot about my tolerance levels and my own vocabulary lol
    6. i learned that people think im a know it all sometimes lmao but i know very little unless i have learned it the hard way lol
    7.i have learned putting all your time into being a family on here takes away from my everyday family and that is why i havent been here as much as i used to.
    8. i've learned that i am a part of this site and that people ACTUALLY like me and miss me when im not here.
    9. i've learned a sense of humor is better than any cure from any doctor unless its laughing till it hurts lol
    10.i've learned people have a lot in common all through the board and sometimes don't realize it lol
    11. i have learned that i have true friends on here and i treat you as equals no matter what gender,race,size,age,or mental compacity (or lack thereof for me lol)
    12. and here is the best one no matter what you step in at the circus you always take something with you lmao!
    you guys, and gals are the greatest people i could have ever met thanks for all the greatest things in life! fishing friends and family!

2. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    I NEVER spent any time on the computer until I just happened to find this site. I picked up the sport of catfishing when a friend of mine was telling me about catching big cats on the river. So one day I went and was HOOKED!! I went out and bought a boat, fishing gear to handle the big kitties was on the river whenever I got a spare minute. But then I soon realized that there was more to throwing out a hook with some bait on it, this came after countless trips out not catching fish. That's when I did a search on the net for catfishing and discovered this cooool site. Now I'm hooked on this!LOL :D

So I too want to say thanks for your help, and thanks trippyclwn for posting this thread!

3. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Have you learned there is no free beer in the chat room? :)

4. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    there is not only no free beer in the chat room everyone wants to be a comic. right trippy. lol. were redneck joke rivels. lol.

5. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    I have learned, that what we have here is a True Brotherhood. We can all speak our minds and we can all learn from each other. We all have a common goal, and we all want each other to achieve it.
    Thank you all for the support that you give.
    Fish On my Brethren !

6. trippyclwn

trippyclwn Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Name:
    Tracey
    lmao jeremy bro you picking on a clown now? lol i thought me and you were getting into a little contest with the "you might be" thread lol its all good though i think im running out of good ones lately lol by the way i never said i was a comic just a smart-bass lol

riverrat no prob man i was just letting people know what i have learned about this site and peope on it i have met so many people online but none of them offline so far but hopefully that will change soon .

cook yes i learned the free beer in chat was just a suckerpunch to get people in there! lol tony has several traps set now lmao!

t-bone you got it right man! this place is great!

7. Marshallmth

Marshallmth New Member

State:
    Dayton Ohio Area
    I learned that the guy who tricks people into chat rooms, needs to spend more time fishing, instead of wasting internet space. And of course lots of other things that are useful. And I also agree on the "BrotherHood" feeling that comes with interacting with all sorts of people. It is nice.

8. trippyclwn

trippyclwn Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Name:
    Tracey
    im not sure how much space is wasted on tdawg posting the links to the chatroom but if anything he is trying to get more people in the chatroom marshall i havent had a chance to stay in there lately but when i was in there usually in the afternoon NO ONE is usually in there and it is fun to interact with people without worrying about post counts or waiting till tommorrow to get an answer you need that day like for fishing questions.
    i think he has the best intentions behind it but its no more of a waste of space than the "useless posts" thread or the "5 word games" and these two posts started out with good intentions too they just snowballed their way to more space used than they needed to. the brotherhood is a great place and lots of things happen for a reason im just wondering how much more these people can get along with all the people pointing fingers at everybody lol
    he said im this she said im not that my wife said this and my hubby cant seem to do that lmao
    i will tell you this much in closing i feel 100% better now that i stopped posting on the subjects in the high intensity area. i guess my skin wasn't as thich as i thought it was but it started getting me wound up offline and then i would wait to find what people said about me the next day and my wife told me i would act "different" which meant i was being a jack-a** and needed to stop obsessing over my point of view so much and we havent had problems since i quit posting there lol dont get me wrong i still do post every now and then but not on the nuclear hot topics lol just the lighter flicking ones lol

9. Big Nick

Big Nick New Member

State:
    McKinney TX
    Hey Trippy, as for your number 7., about the family.
    I know I feel that I would want all of my fello BOC brethren to take care of their own family first. That is what a good man does. If that only allows you to spend 20 minutes a week on the BOC website, then so be it. I want to hear from my friends on this site as much as possible, but I don't want to hear that they are having bad times at home. The great thing about most of the members here is that they truly do care about one another. Heck, just look at all the prayer requests. I can't remember how many times I've sat down at night and prayed to the lord for some wierd guys family. When I say wierd I mean the name. It ends up sounding like this "Dear Lord Please Watch Over Trippy Clowns Family, or dear lord please take care of Baitfishes mother and father, or dear lord, Gone-fishin-for-kittys is starting puberty please see him through. (HAHA) I know that niether of you have asked for a prayer request that I can think of, it was just an example.

What I have learned on this site is that I can make friends and never even meet them in person. I can grow relationships with people who's voice I've never heard, and I can count on these people to be there with a listening ear when I need someone to talk too.

Thanks for starting this thread Trippy, its nice to realize just what this place means to me and you, and what we all have learned.

10. trippyclwn

trippyclwn Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Name:
    Tracey
    well said nick thanks for a great post bro i know what you mean about the whole names for prayer requests lol and you can call me trippy or tracey either one i'll answer to lol i think we have been friends for a while now! and i was always looking for you when you posted about leaving for a while bro but as soon as you got back it was like you were here the whole time.
    i have also learned that a lot of great people have left for reasons unknown because they would push the wrong buttons or they would just get tired of it .
    i look back on my time here and i am not proud of some things i have said and done but i think that is part of life and hindsight is always 20/20 .
    to me this is a fun place to sign onto to talk to friends or sometimes just post replies for people to laugh at lol i didnt mean to make people think the 5 word games and useless posts were the devil just letting them know maybe we could use one post per person? instead of 5 in a row lol if you dont agree with me dont hang me out to dry for it im just a messenger lol for myself lol
    :eek: roasting clowns brings back memories huh nick? lmao

11. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    What have I learned from the BOC? Hmmmm....let me think a sec. Well, for one I have learned to be much more open with people I don't know. Before here I wouldn't have dreamed of talking so openly with strangers! LOL I learned to use different baits, tactics, my depth finder, to buy better and stronger equipment(cause I was gonna need it!LOL). The result of that was many, many catfish my first two years on the board that were over 30 lbs. Prior to that I had caught one ten pound and a 15 lb channel and a 15 lb blue. Nothinig else over 5 lbs my whole life. So I have a lot to say thanks for. I've learned that one man(Paul) and his dreams can have lifelong lasting effects on thousands of lives the world over. And I'm proud to help him with that dream! I've learned that there are people that I can really trust in the world, not just be aquainted with, but really trust and know that trust is totally mutual. I guess the most important thing I've gotten from the board is friends and that includes every member here. And I've made friends that will be friends for the rest of my days, and if it were not for the BOC, I'd never have met them. And you know what? It's getting better all the time.

12. mmarcum6

mmarcum6 New Member

State:
    Tenneessee
    All I can add Bryan is well nothing. Good to see you again brother. And Trippy good to see you brother.

13. trippyclwn

trippyclwn Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Name:
    Tracey
    mark its good to see you posting again bro! maybe we can go fishing before too much longer nothing like the people in your neighborhood or close enough anyways lol

14. mmarcum6

mmarcum6 New Member

State:
    Tenneessee
    Trippy I could actually write a novel of the things I have learned here, but that is only a beginning. I most importantly found something. I found a family who despite the bumps in the road will stay the course with me. They will welcome me if I have been missing for months. Send their heart if that is what Is needed, and pray with all their heart and soul for someone they have never met. It is the heart and lifes blood of the BOC. That is what I have learned in a nut shell. I found a family.

15. trippyclwn

trippyclwn Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Name:
    Tracey
    marc you got that right bro we are one big, happy , yet sometimes dysfunctional,sometimes sweet and sometimes mean,always caring and always looking out for one another,family and to me it doesnt get much better than that! you guys are awesome! :D