What I did wrong

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by r ward, Nov 14, 2006.

1. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    This could be long so here goes
    I have spent most of my life with prejudices that I realy did not see as wrong but . As of today I know I was . If you see a person who is differant how do you react whether they are bi-racial or handicapped , from a different culture this has all hit me because of my Grandson there are going to be problems for him and I will help him beat them if it takes the rest of my life Please if you can take at a look at your views and see how you look at the above situations

2. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    I am sure that God has a plan for your grandson and it will reveal itself with time! I already know he is lucky to have such a great and caring grandpa. That right there is something he will be thankful for in the future, i can promise you that.

3. Flintman

Flintman New Member

State:
    OKC, OKLA.
    Richard I dont know your situation, but reading between the lines, let me tell you my story. I have a 2 year old granson thats 1/2 white, 1/4 black & 1/4 cheroee. I love that little guy more than I can express. I'll love him, teach him, care for him. And God will bless us both. Same with you and your grandson. Love him and hug him and let God work His blessings. I can tell by your post your heart is in the right place. Prayers for you and yours.
    Makes no difference what people think, it's whats in your heart.

Flint

4. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    God has opened your eyes and let you see.God never abandons us.We always stray from God.Before it happened,I would never have thought of my condition as being a gift.He will guide you every step of the way if you will let him.Now,I can only guess at what you are talking about.I do believe that God is the only answer for everything in life.I believe that this is the most important thing in life that we can teach and pass on to our descendants.My heart is with you brother.peewee

5. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Yes Flint you read that pretty good but because of him I see what I have done wrong and will stop it in this world if I could figure out how there is no room for prejudices in life

6. richard dunbar

richard dunbar New Member

State:
    Washington
    I grew up with all kinds of racial predjudeses and did'nt relise it until i joined the army i'm not sure what kind of predjudes your talking about but its never to late to do a 180 and change your way of thinking, so keep up the good fight and keep on truckin

7. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Peewee and to all my family God first let me meet my Father-in-law who was later left disabled through a stroke I learned to help when needed and support as need and but foremost I learned that all are God's people {this could end up moved] Then came Jordan my Grandson I have now learned it don't matter the way the reason is God's plan yes he is half white and half black but he is my grandson 100percent

8. guns sugar

guns sugar New Member

State:
    Georgia
    richard just love the little guy and hold him close for all races on this earth are gods children.... i had an aunt who was a foster mom and she ended up adopting 6 more kids cause she couldnt turn loose of em... they were all mixed race and all were a blessing to her and her familly and made me proud to see how much love my aunt and uncle had in their hearts for all kids and all peoples! My moms side were very prejudice in some ways but my dads side they were from Spain and so loving to all people,,, my daddy taught me good things and mom learned from him.

Thanks for posting a thread thats a good one to hav epeople think aobut their selves in that situation.
    God Bless Everyone

9. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Jordan is fortunate.Many kids have half a man for a grandpa.It sounds likes his may now be 100%.We never stop learning and never stop growing if we are truly a man.I have a grandnephew like Jordan.He is not blood kin,but God put him in my heart like a grandchild.His pictures as he grew were in my tool locker door for the world to see.Every new person that came along asked.I would tell them the he was my little nephew in Tennessee that I loved.This was in Savannah Georgia.I am fortunate.I don;t think of a persons race unless I am asked.Don;t know why.I am just not conscience of it.I am just glad that Jordan and Mikey were born in their time,not when you or I were born.I will be gone by then.When he gets old enough to understand,tell him"Uncle pee-wee"sent his love.I love you brother.peewee

10. mskittyfish

mskittyfish New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    Richard...your post first brought to mind a song I learned in Sunday School when I was a little girl...the words are so true...Jesus loves the little children, all the little children of the world...red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight, Jesus loves the little children of the world!
    How boring would our world be if we all looked alike and acted alike. God gave us variety and adversity for reasons. And regarding people who are disabled, I know first hand that many people who are disabled are bigger and better people than some who are "normal." My personal experience and expertise comes from having parented a special needs child who was born with Spina Bifida...he spent his whole life in and out of Childrens Hospital and was paralyzed from the waist down at birth. God may have given me an "imperfect" child but he proved to be such a gift from God...he maintained a great disposition and smile even though he faced hardship after hardship...and taught me alot about life. He taught me and everyone around him, that no matter how tough life gets, live to live and live to love. Having seen what that child went through every day of his life, I quickly learned that I did not have one single thing that I could complain about in my life. I truly believe that God puts disabled people on this earth to remind everyone else how truly precious life is and to make the most of it....

11. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    It was in the 60's and we all know what was going on in the south at that time.I was very fortunate,my parents were both God Fearing Christians so as a child when they heard me talking like others who would use that ugly "n" word they took me aside and taught me that that was very naughty and their blood was just as red as mine.I am very thankful for my upbringing because now as an adult I love all races.With the terrible war that is going on I just wish all races loved us!:smile2:

12. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Keep praying and thanking the Father for His divine wisdom brother. All things are possible through Him.

13. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    So very true I hope i keep getting better at this life thing and that I teach my children and Grandchildren what is right in Gods eyes