what hi def lcd tv do you prefer

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by flathunter, Jun 10, 2009.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I am gonna get a new tv next week..I had a vizeo 37 inch lcd high def and really like it, before I gave it to my dad.

Now I am gonna get something bigger.

52 inch, 47 inch? I Really like the sonys but I can get a bigger vizeo for less money.

Your thoughts?

2. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    The wife and I bought a Samsung 52" LCD HD TV about 3 months ago. Model # LN52A550, has the 1080 P with 30,000:1 contrast. We totally love it. :big_smile: We are big hockey fans and wow what an amazing difference watching the games on this TV compared to our old one. Price was $1399 plus tax. The similar Sony model was like $500 more! :crazy:

3. thunderchicken

thunderchicken New Member

State:
    Yuma Az
    I bought a 32 inch Vizeo lcd hi def tv about a year and a half ago and I am very pleased with it. I am color blind and even I can tell the difference in hi def. it is really amazing. If I was going to step up to a bigger screen I wouldn't hesitate to check out Vizeo. The prices are really coming down now too.

:cool2:

4. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I ordered a 67 inch Samsung online last fall. The exact same TV at Best Buy was $750 higher when I figured in the in price difference, free delivery and no tax!

Received it in 7 days from the day I ordered. The truck driver brought it in the house, removed it from the carton and help me set it up on the stand. It's been the largest item I've bought online but all went great.

HDTV has really spoiled me, I don't like anything unless it's in HD!

We had a 15 year old 52 inch Toshiba projection TV that we though had a good picture until we saw the new one. I pushed the Toshiba outside so the Services for the Disable could pick it up. That sucker weighted 260 lbs.. the new one weighs 90 lbs.

5. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Got an LG that I am well satisfied with. Price was right compared to others also.

6. kdanderson5

kdanderson5 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I got a 42" LG, but it is a plasma. I have had it for about 2 years now and still could not be happier with it. I have not had a single problem with it, and the picture is GREAT to this day!

7. MiseryMike

MiseryMike New Member

State:
    Blue Springs
    Tottaly NOTHING wrong with a vizeo, if you buy a big one make sure you hook everything up Thru HDMI for the price of a vizeo not a hard choice the picture on them is great.

8. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    LG gets my vote. But I would buy a vizeo too. Consumer reports rated the Vizeo as a best buy

9. 320hotrod

320hotrod New Member

State:
    KCMO
    I just put a 42" Sony Bravia lcd in the bedroom, and gotta say I prefer it over the 50" Samsung plasma in the living room. I love(d) the Samsung, but the Sony has a lot more extras built in. I also travel alot and most hotels I stay at have Viseo lcd's. They look very well, too. I feel you don't see a lot of difference between more expensive name brands until you get to larger sizes (40" and up), just more features and maybe a quicker start up time. The only reason I went with the Sony was it was a 2008 model that was extremely discounted. If not for that, I would have a different brand.