Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

What happened to this place?

3K views 25 replies 22 participants last post by  PhillyKat 
#1 ·
It's been over ten years since I visited this forum. You guys helped me learn how to fish. I even met up in person and fished with one of you. Anyway life happened and I been gone awhile and I come back and this place and find a ghost town.

Is it cuz boat ramps and banks started getting busy and we don't wanna advertise? I don't mind either way. Anyhow, I'm loading up my boat with a couple buddies and going to one of my old stomping grounds on the skook.. first time in nearly a decade.

Anyone out there reading this? Is there still a community here is is it best to let sleeping dogs lie...

#8 ·
I’ve been here a long time and yes, it has definitely changed but there is still a strong core of old and new.
It’s hilarious to hear you say you’ve not been on here for ten years and then say how quiet it is…. no irony there at all!!!!
I’m glad you’re able to get back into your fishing and look forward to reading some reports of success.
Be safe out there and catch a biggun.

…W

#12 ·
Most definitely agree with the above posts.
I ditched FB 15 years ago.
I didn't like how, if I was "friended" with someone, it seemed that every post from everyone who was connected through friends would show up when I logged on, whether I knew the person or not.
It made no sense.
So, catfish1 is the sum-total of my online message activity.

#15 ·
It’s definitely social media. I’m definitely old school in some areas of this. Also I love this forum been here since late 2008 I think. I’ve learned a lot from here over the years and I depend on you guys so much to learn from. To be honest it’s shameful but if things are like they were back when I joined in 2008 if it were 2022 I don’t know if I would have thought up to search again for it. I love this place and it’s really taught me a lot and I hope it’s around forever and I encourage every catfisherman to join.

#16 ·
It's been over ten years since I visited this forum. You guys helped me learn how to fish. I even met up in person and fished with one of you. Anyway life happened and I been gone awhile and I come back and this place and find a ghost town.

Is it cuz boat ramps and banks started getting busy and we don't wanna advertise? I don't mind either way. Anyhow, I'm loading up my boat with a couple buddies and going to one of my old stomping grounds on the skook.. first time in nearly a decade.

Anyone out there reading this? Is there still a community here is is it best to let sleeping dogs lie...
been here awhile but dont post much. this is still my go-to for catfishing, even though my actual fishing has been lacking.
I look forward to the emails from the site, and is how I saw this thread.

#17 ·

I've been on this forum for a few years and not only have I learned a lot, but we seemed to go through a string of deaths of fishing buddies and everyone has been very supportive. Where in PA are you fishing? Mostly channel cats?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.