What happened to the Thursday fishing reports??

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by TN Greg, Feb 27, 2009.

1. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    I know you fellers were out there. It had to be outstanding just before the front.

2. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Apparently not. :smile2::wink:

3. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I truly believe they are letting the SUSPENSE build up before whacking us with a BIG FISH STORY!:smile2:

4. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    OR NOT!!! Hey BBBBBill

5. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    I find it hard to believe that the ratman didn't get on them in a big way. The stars couldn't have been more aligned.

Heck, I could have put fish in the boat yesterday. :crazy: And that is saying something.............

6. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
    Well, usually when there’s no report it’s from no fish… but... Bill picked up some early and I don’t know about the end of his day… I met up with him out there, all I caught was a nice channel early on and that was it… the stars and the planets were inline, guess the fish didn’t see it that way… still any day on the river is awesome :wink:

7. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Sorry fellas! :smile2::smile2:

Yeah, we hit the river brite and early Thursday morning in the rain! Once again bait was scarce and difficult to find but we managed to catch a few shad. I went to a couple holes that I caught fish out of only 1 day earlier and couldn't mark a fish on the Humminbird! They had vanished!

Ran down river a little ways and found a new spot I had never fished before and marked a few fish, but not many. Set up on em and managed to catch 3 blues with the two biggest around 10-11 pounds. Then the bite just quit! We sat there for another hour and didn't get a nibble.

Moved further down river and checked behind many many wing dykes and just had a hard time finding any fish...we covered about a 12 mile stretch of the MO river and just couldn't seem to find any hungry fish. I too had high hopes, after all, you have all heard "fish a front", it just wasn't happening for us.

The conclusion, 2 1/2 days of fishing yielded us 14 blues and one sturgeon!

8. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    How big was the sturgeon? I remember you catching a nice one last year or the year before. Sure would be neat to catch one.