What happened to the Missouri Section?

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by Mr.T, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    Do you wonder why nobody ever bothers to post in the Missouri section anymore??

About 18 months ago, we used to have a lively and diverse community on the Missouri section -- but since then, the section has slowly but surely died. Very few posts anymore at all, save for the catfish scotty show.

What's the deal?

Where did all the regulars go?

Where's spoonfish, cat_tamer, Itch2Scratch, Joe_Friday, jms43, farmer, roughneckcatman, primitivefrn, blackhorse83, crazy, fishking, lbaker3, beeheck, cubedweller, dhogue, SkipEye, Cuz, stlcatman and all the other St. Louis crowd, even TeamWhiskers and BigMagic for that matter??

I could go on listing folks for days...

Where did everyone go?

Why don't folks post out here anymore?

Did they (like me) just get tired of watching scotty blather on and on and on?

Hmmmm....

2. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I wonder the same thing about the Florida section. It's just void of activity. Weird.

BB in SC

3. primitivefrn

primitivefrn Member

State:
    collins mo
    Still here not much to report, haven't fish as much this year,haven't seen a 20lb fish on rod & reel all summer. been somewhat slow this year.
    fished, 9 good old boy touraments this year, largest fish 1-26lb.., not mine. out of 9 turnaments.
    1-4th 2-3thrd 3-2nd & 3-1st- 2 big fish, largest caught was 10lb. & 6lb.
    no size this year.
    Jim

4. wabah58

wabah58 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Im here..LOL.. With most of the guys around here catching huge monster cats, my reports don't really compare, so I usually only comment on others post.:embarassed:
    Like mentioned before in this thread, haven't really had a great year, for me it was a learning year with the Mississippi River, and finding decent locations to fish. I think next spring/summer, I'll have some good contributions to add to the Missouri section.:big_smile:

5. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    They are around.

Most if not here are..

Deer Hunting

Working on their Business

Making a Start in Catfish Guiding

Etc.

6. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    They'll probably be back by spring. Once somebody starts a post about the 2010 MO gathering things will liven up.

7. N8theGr8

N8theGr8 New Member

State:
    ofallon missour
    considering im new i just thought it was always this dead haha.

8. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO

I dunno, Paul...

If you look back over the last 18 months or so at the month-by-month total posts in the Missouri section, I bet you'll see a steady and significant decline in the total number of posts per month. (And if you don't count Scotty's frequent, multiple one-right-after-the-other posts, I'll bet the number is even lower.)

Something has happened out here that's made the Missouri section a much less compelling place for Missouri catfishermen to visit and post... I know I hardly ever post out here anymore, and it's not because I don't have anything to say or don't go fishing a lot...

9. opposum

opposum Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    I'd guess catch and keep vs. catch and release has a little to do with some not posting as much or not at all. For me it is the time of year and like Paul said hunting deer and other critters. I'm sure spring will turn things around a little.

10. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    yes I couldnt agree more david I think all the negative posts by someone killed the fun for most folks sharring reports .

some of us give reports and pics for others to enjoy and learn from (( while having fun together ))

while some just want to be negative 90 %% of the time lol

One of theese days david we need to hit the water together for some fun and laughs while catching catfish !!!

I wont even put the white bucket in the boat !!!! :smile2::wink::smile2:

11. FlatheadDreaming

FlatheadDreaming New Member

State:
    Grain Valley
    Just because people are not posting dosn't mean they are not reading. People are claiming not to be posting because they haven't caught as many fish, why don't we go ahead and blame that on scotty while we are at it! His post are entertaining and very hepful and I myself have learned a bunch from them. I bet he has caught, and taught everyone how to catch all the fish in missouri. So this is all his fault! Most of the time I sign on here just to see pic's and see how people are doing. I wish everyone luck, but here latley it has been the scotty show because he has been the only one posting pic's and fishing reports. Why dont you post some pic's and some positive reports marty, i would be glad to give you reps! All your reports are always negative or telling people why fish are not biteing when they really are! I don't think Scott has scared everyone off yet because the handful of times i went fishing with him his phone rings off the hook from people here on the boc,expecially this summer, he was giving everyone good advice on where to go, where the bait was, wanting to go fishing, ect., ect., This weekend he got a few calls from people wanting to book a trip in advance, and most of the fish you see him keep are because the people he takes out want them! So to point the finger at him would be wrong. I am going to blame it on the economy and people not having the funds to get on the water as much. We should have start a thread called the "Scott and Marty Show"

12. CANCATCHCATS

CANCATCHCATS New Member

State:
    MISSOURI
    Some don't post enough others post to much.
    Oh what is to much, and what is not enough.
    Such a fine line.
    Can't we all just get along and keep on fishen.

13. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
    I agree negative posts are not much fun to read for folks !!!!!!!!!!!

14. opposum

opposum Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    Looks like there is a post or 2 missing. Not sure what was said. Everybody play nice or don't play at all.:smile2:

15. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    I think troys computer is still down ,big magic ,same thing , and i have been reading just not much to post .oh i have someyhing to post last weekend got my new prop shaft and prop installed ,ready to hit it .

16. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
    cool robert glad ya got it back together :big_smile::big_smile: now ya can chase those cats again and make up for lost time wooo hoooo ....

have ya been fishin below truman anymore ????

that point your on when I seen ya is a good 1 I bet ya have landed a pig or 2 off it !!!

did medford get his boat fixed yet ??? man what a bummm thing to happen to such a nice guy ugggggg

17. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    I always check in, but haven't done much catfishing in a while. Deer hunting and gigging are my priorities now. Come spring I will start posting up some snagging report every weekend since that's something I'm actually good at. :roll_eyes:

I was also thinking about how I never see spoonfish or a lot of the guys Marty mentioned as well. I'll admit, I do spend more time in the Gateway Cats section than the Missouri section when I am on here.

18. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I usually try and post a report when I go so others will know if the bite is on or not. BUT, even if you dont see posts, get out there and fish! Winter is one of the best times to be on the lake as those fish stack up and are easy to find. I have not been posting many pictures lately because I have been taking them on my phone and dont know how to load them onto a computer. Also, I am now working Monday-Friday 8-4 instead of the 12 hour shifts I was working so I dont have as much time to fish. Hopefully I will be back on 12's soon, if not I will have a new job. Chris

19. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Been wondering why you haven't been posting Marty? Myself I like reading your post as well as everyone elses. This is a Mo. forum and everyone should take advantage of it. If you don't want to post so be it. Evidently you are still reading. Post up some reports and I will read them. I don't hang with any posts if there is a lot of pure BS going on which I have not found on the Mo. forums. JMO

20. lbaker3

lbaker3 New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    I have not been on the water much this year either. Dad has the cancer so I have been down Arkansas way a lot more than usual this year. I also am in a support role at work now so I am on call sometimes causing me to have to stay at home when during those times. A combination of several things I suppose. I still get on here and browse around some times and I to was wondering where everyone from back when had went.