What happened to reps

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by slowboat, Mar 15, 2008.

1. slowboat

slowboat New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Tried to leave reps but icon is gone
    Whats happening

2. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Hal .... up in the right hand corner of the screen is a Star .... that is what you click to give someone a Rep .... It just doesn't let you know any more when you get one ......... Why? Who knows ...... Garry-:wink:

3. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    in the CP it tells you you got some and who they are from and their message. and what your rep points are and what you can give for reps.

4. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    It is a good thing, in my opinion. Reps are passed out way to freely. The should sort of be like an award - you post something good and beneficial you get reps. You in a contest to see who gets the most reps, you shouldn't receive any without something of merit being posted. You ask for reps, maybe you should get some negative ones.

5. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Does your User CP still contain those two figures? Mine does not.

6. slowboat

slowboat New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'm not looking to or asking for reps.
    I was trying to leave reps for someones post that I thought deserved it....sb

7. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Wow, skawez just told me that they're there, you just can't seem 'em in the dark blue bars. It works if you highlight the lines! Thanks buddy.

8. rspd507

rspd507 New Member

State:
    Rising Sun,IN
    lol Tanya,
    I just sent ya a pm saying the same thing. Your rep power is there just hard to see. rspd507

9. slowboat

slowboat New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I am not getting it. I still can not find an icon for it. sb

10. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    right beside the post number top right corner

11. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    reps seem to be a touchy subject for some. some give them freely some horde them. it doesnt matter which you do. REPS ARE A WAY OF SAYING THANK YOU. for what it doesnt matter. for making you laugh for giving you something to think about for teaching you something for helping you out. they dont cost anyone anything. and they dont do anything for you either. so before this thread turns into that discussion too. just think about that.

this is the 3rd thread today that i read that asked a question about reps that turned into the heated debate on who does what and why with them. its getting old. everyone has a reason for doing what they do. lets just leave it at that k.

if you want to know how i feel about it... go to the threads that asked just that. dont turn this thread into it please. thank you.

12. slowboat

slowboat New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Tony
    Thank you. that is what I was looking for
    I received several opinions and no answer.
    Thanks again Tony and reps to you...sb

13. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Garry (RetiredToFish) answered you in the first post after yours at the beginning of this thread; I believe I'll send him some too. :wink:

14. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Slowboat. Look at your last post... on the right side is a number indicating how many posts have been made in this thread. Then there are two boxes. Just use your mouse and position your cursor on the left box. A drop down panel tells you what that box is for. Slide over to the other box, and you'll get a different panel. The box immediately to the right of the post number is the "rep" box.

15. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    The box you are looking for to give reps has a gold star on a blue ribbon. Like Lawrence said just to the right of the post number for that reply.

The user control panel will show the latest reps you have received. :big_smile: Can be accessed through quick links at the top of the page.
    Hope this helps,:big_smile:

David

16. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    I like giving out reps to everyone that has something good to say, it's to bad we can only give so many in a 24 hour period. It doesn't take away from your reps when you give to someone else, it's just a good way to give someone a pat on the back for making you laugh or a good post or whatever...
    I also donate a star from time to time to someone that can't afford to give to the BOC but wants to sign up for our contests. Everyone is a winner here in my book, aren't we family here ?? I enjoy most all the threads and posts from everyone here so I don't mind doing something for someone that deserves it.
    Thats just the kind of person I am. :big_smile:

17. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    they be my reps to give. and i give as i see fit. case closed!:cool2:

18. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Point well put Jeremy.
    :big_smile: