What goes in the fire first?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by skeetermagnet, Jan 17, 2007.

1. skeetermagnet

skeetermagnet New Member

State:
    Edmond, Oklahoma
    I live north of Edmond and we dodged a bullet. We had sleet but not enough freezing rain to weight the power lines down, just enough to put a pretty glaze on top of the 4 1/2 inches of sleet.

While sledding the kids around, my neighbor and I started brainstorming. 'If we lost power and ran out of firewood, what would be the first thing that we burned for heat?' I say it would be that stupid picnic table that I have to move every time I mow and that we never use. My wife might say it is a certain very comfortable but ugly recliner. (I've got to chain that down just in case:roll_eyes: )

So, if you ran out of firewood what would be the first thing into the fireplace?

2. BILLYP

BILLYP New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, North Carol
    The mother-in-law
    yes she lives with us and i think that she would burn very good and long.

3. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    well...I was cleaning and found a BUNCH of old school assignments I never turned in, aswell as school books from back in my elementary years...(whoops) It wouldn't last too long, but I'd say that'd be my first choice. Thinkin' about it now, I caught enough h*** from all those pointless school projects, I might just do it anyway...haha

-Red

4. skeetermagnet

skeetermagnet New Member

State:
    Edmond, Oklahoma
    Billy you're crackin' me up! I think if my mil lived with me for any amount of time I might consider that too!:big_smile: Although, the old school books is a good choice too. Red you know that is going to follow you around on your 'permanent record'? :tounge_out: