What goes along with the club?

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by FREESPOOL, Nov 23, 2007.

1. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    I was just thinking about the club... I assume there will be tournaments put on by the club? If so, where will they most likely take place? Any other ideas on info, such as price, rules, and other regulations? I realize that the club is still in the making. I'm just curious.
    I'd like to make it to Cuz' Leadfest if it's all right. I don't have any lead to bring. (as of yet) But I have access to some molds, and a burner if needed. I'd like to meet some of the guys on the BOC. I'm more than happy to help any way I can.
    I wish I had some more knowledge to bring to the table. But I'm looking forward to helping any way I can. Let me know if there is anything I can do.

Dan

2. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    As of now, the plans are, I do believe, there will only be one regular tournament per year, which will be held at Plattin Rock boat Club in Crystal City. Other than that, I'm sure there will be several club get togethers were we can have our dollar tournaments like we were doing at Cuzfest (Gotta keep this thing so theonecatfishbob can afford it! LMAO!) As far as memberships go, I think the plans are to keep it cheap, as in a dollar a month? Everything is still on the table right now, until we have our first meeting a Leadfest. Come on out, and join in on the fun. If you don't have lead, or molds, don't worry, and just bring yourself. There will be plenty of lead and burners there. :wink:

3. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    It'll be a lot easier to come up with ideas once we get plenty of lead fumes breathed in.

4. thomas feldon

thomas feldon New Member

State:
    Farmington, MO.
    Tom , didn't you mention that Mrs Cus said the Frige was gettin low. Oh, That's another story.

I'll be bringing about 100 lb's of lead.

Will someone bring the beer? ( I like Bud :009:. )

5. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Greetings fellow club members. Thanks for the great question Dan. My apologies for not being on here much these past couple of days guys. You all know I had been in Florida for a few weeks and when I get home for Thanksgiving refraining from immediately jumping on BOC when I get in the door, is what I call a "life sustaining move" Mrs Cuz loves all my friends on the BOC, that is without a doubt. But she dont love yall enough to watch me run in the backdoor and jump on the BOC after being gone for two weeks. :smile2:

Anyhow, if some of you feel that there is a "lack of club information" thus far, well I would agree with you. There is. However, this is very intentional on my part. I saw the need for a catfish club a couple of years ago, and through the generous position of the Brotherhood Of Catfisherman it is now coming to fruition. I thought long and hard about the forming of this club, and have talked to dozens of people, including many of you. I've poured over charters, rules, laws, insurance requirements, consulted attorneys, etc etc etc. I had scheduled a long syllabus outlining club activities over the course of a year. I had a long list of "Club Rules" on a spreadsheat that took me 3 weeks to prepare working on it sparingly. Well, one week ago, I hit the delete key on that spreadsheat and sent it to cyber trash heaven.

WHAT on earth would you do that for Cuz? Its simple. Folks, I did all of this for you, the future members. Pure and Simple, THIS WILL BE YOUR CLUB. What kind of club would it truly be if you guys all walked into a set of rules, activities, charters, etc etc, that you had NO part in putting together. After some thought, I wanted the club membership (you) to have the main say in how the club will be run. During the first few meetings, I can help give you guidance, offer my own personal suggestions, but it will be up to you to decide on the course of Gateway Cats. I feel the club walls will be much stronger if they are built by many hands, than merely by my own.

Tournaments -

Here is my thoughts on tournaments guys. Please keep in mind its my humble opinion only, and I am open to suggestions. If you have thoughts on tournaments, please forward them to gatewaycats@yahoo.com

As of now, we are planning a Big Tournament at the end of March, to be co-sponsored by Gateway Cats and the Plattin Rock Boat Club. This is the only tournament on the books. However, this is not including a multitude of "Dollar Tourney's" that are possible that were formed from Cuzfest 1 this past summer. Many of our members are not 'tournament' fisherman'. I can certainly appreciate this stance. Out of some of the guys I have talked to that dont fish tourneys, just about every one of them said they would support a dollar tourney format like we had at Cuzfest. By the nature of these tourney's, we keep the tourney's friendly and keep it OPEN to the entire membership including those that dont like big time tournament catfishing, and those that might possibly be income limited from participating in high dollar tourney's. I can tell ya guys, these dollar tourney's are one heck of a good time, and a bunch of brothers fishing for Braggin Rights makes for some super competitive fishing. As always, these tourneys will be ONE BOB DOLLAR EVENTS. (named after the famous Onecatfishbob who is income limited and doesnt believe in Cuzflation at tournaments :smile2: ) I would like to continue to have ONE BIG tourney every year.

Now that being said, I am currently working on the possibility of fully supporting another tournament venue, but I can't release the details yet as it isnt finalized. If this comes to fruition, this will give the guys that DO like big time tourney fishing the chance to participate as well. Stay tuned for more info.

I hope this helps explain things a little bit for you all. I am humbled by the support you have all expressed and offers for assistance. I am ecstatic with your enthusiasm, and you have shown me all of my efforts are certainly not in vain. When I see all you guys tearing down the river in your rigs to win the coveted dollar trophy's, I'll gain immense satisfaction.

Thanks for Understanding Guys. God Bless you all and may you have a wonderfull holiday season.

NOTE: The Cane Tuckk EEE boyz have issued the challenge of all challenges to participate in the Uncle Sci Fi Gathering in January. I can tell you, this will be one of the most rewarding gatherings for Catfisherman you will find next to the National Gathering. If your schedule is free, please chalk in January fifth for traveling to Ky Lake. IN December, well start figuring out who all is going so we can carpool and share expenses. Deerhunter has quite a day scheduled with breakfast, sponsor products and a great day of fishing for skipjacks. I plan on issuing a calcutta wager to this lead Cantuckkee An on LARGEST SKIPJACK caught. Well see if he is man enough to accept the challenge. :smile2:

6. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Cuz, Cuz, Cuz... You should have kept all that and printed it out.. It would have made it alot easier at the first meeting.. It would have gave a a place to start.. We could always change the order of things or re-word things and add and delete things.. At least that way all the bases would have been covered and nothing left out or forgotten.. You forget that we trust you and look to you for information and guidance... soooo anything you have to say or suggest will be appreciated... And I agree that this area needs a good catfish club.. Maybe that'll get BP and Cabellas attention so we can have some of their tournaments in the area..

7. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Harold, Harold, Harold, :smile2: Now surely you dont think Ol Cuz would have hit that delete key without having hard copies of everything to use for guidance do ya? :smile2:

As for Cabelas, and BP, and others, you'll be happy to know that talks are ongoing for the possibility of a future tournament venue in our area. As you know, ramps are extremely limited in our area. Alton has the best facilities yet they dont fully support large scales tournaments, for they dont need the support. Grafton doesnt need nor want the traffic as well. That leaves the downtown ramp, which doesnt have the necessary space to support an event like a Cabelas King Kat Series. My boat club, by far has the best ramp facilities for many many miles up or downriver, however the boat club is a private entity. I'm praying our March Tournament turns out to be a tremendous success which would make having future tournaments at the Club a more realistic possibility. I dont know if i've mentioned this or not Harold, but for our March Tournament Cabelas has agreed to accept our top two place boats into the Cabelas King Kat Classic, to be held in Henderson Kentucky in September 2009. This tournament is shaping up to be the largest catfish tournament with the prize purse possibly exceeding One Hundred Thousand Dollars. I'm tremendously excited to work hand in hand with the good folks at Cabelas to help promote their series in the coming years.

Hope I've answered your questions buddy. I noticed you were inquiring for some hands this weekend to help you drill out some batteries for lead. Harold, If for not having to fly to Orlando tomorrow I would be there to help. I'm bummed I can't spend the day with you drilling batteries. Perhaps there is some other brothers free this weekend that will come give you some company?

8. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Thats ok Cuz.. You've done alot already.. I kinda gave short notice on the battery's.. I've gotta go run a service call tommorrow so I'll just spend a couple hours drilling when I get done.. It's too cold to do anything else anyway... I talked to the youngest son and he might go help me.. One of the guys from work might help, he'll be at leadfest... The youngest boy just come in, he's going with me tommorrow.. Now if we can get some more scrap battery's before January.. The more lead the better.. One weekend that you are home next month I'll probably run a load of lead over to the barn.. The jeep will only carry so much..hehehe

9. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Yeah, the jeep and the driver are quite limited. The driver more so than the Jeep.

10. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    When I get my Dec Schedule I'll let ya know Harold. For all that effort, your certainly entitled to stay and have dinner with us too. :wink: Whatever you bring, I'll have cooked down into ingots for the LeadStock gathering. I bought a turkey fryer, cast iron pan, and muffin pan the other day. I'm now in the ingot making business and they are turning out pretty darn good. :smile2:
    If anyone else wants to drop off scrap lead as well, just let me know.

11. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    You got that right Bob.. While we're making anchors we nee to make you one that I can pull out of the water easier.. Once the tourney schedules come out this year, we need to see which ones that we can fish together in.. I'll even show you how to use a Penn Reel... hehehe

12. Vince Copple

Vince Copple New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Go with a 20 pounder. It locks down the Cuz craft it will bobs.. We are all not like the Rat that throws trucks around for kicks and uses engine blocks for anchors! That is work just watching him..

13. theonecatfishbob

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    OK Harold next time you drive I will pull anchor. I understand you are gettin up in years and I am much younger. I am working out so I can compete with River Rat. It may take a few more months though.

14. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    ohhh I gotta see this.. Can I have a front row seat...

15. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I'm with Harold. I've got to see this. Were pullin for ya BOB. IN all honesty though, I think I might have to put my money on the RAT. :smile2: As many catfish as Ol Bob has caught in his lifetime I'm surprised he doesnt have arms as big as Rats already. :smile2:

16. theonecatfishbob

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Earl, back in the 60s we would have said you were FAR OUT MAN.

17. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Ohhhh that explains it all... Too many acid trips.. hehehe

18. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    NOOOOOO!

Earl, the first thing you learn around here is to never, I quote, NEVER, talk to Vince. He's like a little puppy. If you ever talk to him, he'll think you like him an follow ya around all day.

Wait a minute, perhaps I jumped the gun here a bit. You said you have been "talkin to Vince", not listening. First off, as long as you didn't listen to him, you might be safe. Of course, we all have been waiting for SOMEBODY to TALK to him, he's sure needed a talkin to for some time. LOL

Sorry, Ol Friend, I couldn't resist pickin on ya this morning.

Earl, hope to see ya there, even if you do show up with Vince. LOL

19. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Isn't it amazing how many of us here share a common past.

20. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Vinny.. You're really getting popular.. Even Kutter come out of hibernation to say a few words of wisdom about you... hehehe