WHAT GETS ME MAD THE MOST

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by missouri cat hunter, Apr 27, 2009.

1. missouri cat hunter

missouri cat hunter New Member

State:
    missouri
    I DONT KNOW IF YOU GUYS AGREE WITH ME OR NOT BUT WAT REALLY GETS ME MAD IS WEN YOURE BANK FISHING AND SOME GUY ON A BOAT COMES OVER AND FISHS RIGHT ON THE SHORE WHERE YOU ARE AND GETS TANGLED UP WITH YOURE LINES I MEAN IM ALL FOR TROLLING CAUSE WE DO IT BUT AT LEAST THEY SHOULD HAVE SOME RESPECT AND GO A LITTLE WAYS FROM THE SHORE UNTILL THEY PASS YOURE LINES I MEAN SERIOUSLY THEY HAVE LIKE A 54,000 ACRE LAKE AND THEY HAVE TO GET TANGLED UP WITH YOURE LINES OR LIKE ON THE RIVER A BOAT WILL PARK RIGHT WHERE YOURE AT AND FISH WEN THEY CAN HAVE A 1/2MILE WIDE RIVER AND A 13 MILE LONG RIVER AND THEY HAVE TO BE RIGHT THERE ITS LONG BANK FISHERS ARE INVISIBLE TO THEM I REALLY DONT KNOW HOW YOU GUYS FEEL ABOUT THAT BUT IT GETS ME REALLY MAD

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Ignorance is everywhere. I feel your frustration. :angry:

3. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    keep some stink bait bait it up thick as possible and cast right into the boat ......lol

I have had this problem also , and have asked them what the hell they are doing and have said worse . I have casted right into boats trying to snag onto some gear and rip it out ..lol . I know Iam an a-hole but like you said it really gets a fella mad sometimes . I also boat fish and have respect for people bank fishing .

4. GrandpaGoneFishing

GrandpaGoneFishing New Member

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    that just frustrates me some thing terrible, Not to mention ski dews. "casted right into boats trying to snag onto some gear and rip it out" never thought of that. What a hoot!

5. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Get a boat.

6. Blade4130

Blade4130 Well-Known Member

State:
    Independence MO
    One could get a boat. However, even if you do get or have a boat. Good boating edicate should be done. Just because one is on a bank doesn't mean you should put your boat in right where they are fishing and snag their lines.

7. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    You can enlighten the ignorant but you cant fix stupid. Those are the people that have no regard for anyone but themselves. Unfortunately they are allowed to live amongst us like normal human beings.

8. Catfishin_Farm_Boy

Catfishin_Farm_Boy New Member

State:
    Sevierville, TN
    You shouldnt have to get a boat to beable to fish.. Some people cant afford a boat and some people just plain like to bank fish... Just cause you can afford a crap boat or a big fancy boat doesnt mean you own the dang water... Have some respecst and sportsmenship.. If some retards got tangled up in my lines well I wouldnt be very happy and they might have some new holes in there boat... Maybe even a invite over to the shoreline... They have access to the whole body of water when bank fishermen dont so they should pass on and go other places... Thats just as bad as these guys that think they own the fish in the lake or river... Its public waters sorry to inform you of this fact... Nobody owns em and everyone has the right to access and fish em without a bunch of BS....

9. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    I’ve fished the bank and I’ve fished from boats, and after awhile you realize neither method has a monopoly on stupidity…

The guy in the boat running over your lines has a lot in common with the guy who sits fishing on the loading dock while boats are trying to use it.

The guys that block the ramp while they work on or prep their boat have a lot in common with the guy that sits fishing on the ramp.

The guy on the bank who leaves a pile of trash everywhere he goes buys a boat and drops his trash in water, or lets it blow out in the water or going down the highway…. And then complains about all the trash on the bank.

10. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    An 8oz, flying sinker going straight for them does wonders and they do get the message! I've had a couple run in's with bass guys and jetskiers over the years. The lead might not knock any sense into them, but you'll feel better, at least I do!:wink: i'll let them go once or twice, but the third time, IT'S ON !!!!

11. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Well your right everyone has access to public water! You just summed it up. The 2nd part of this is. What about the guy's like me that are fishing from a boat and then a bunch of bank fishermen come down and start fishing and parting, building fires and what not? I was there first! It's a two way street. You don't see me on here complaining about them. So I guess I hate bank fishermen. :wink: Do what I do if that spot means that much to them let them have it. Even if the fish where biting before they showed up! I guess I just got one advantage over you on the bank. When I pack up to let them have the spot I can be in a new spot faster.

12. missouri cat hunter

missouri cat hunter New Member

State:
    missouri
    ya but if youre that close to shore where bank fishers bother you like that then wats the point of having a boat i mean seriously if youre sitting right there next to shore and u get mad at bankfishers then you should be bank fishing its kinda dumb to have a boat and just to fish by shore

13. kansas_catman_16

kansas_catman_16 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    i agree with that i mean come on if ur in a boat and fishing right on the shore is there really any point of being on the boat :confused2:

14. kansas_catman_16

kansas_catman_16 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    i also agree with this there are some bankfishermen that take it to far if u where there first u where there first and they should respect ur space in a boat or not

15. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Honestly guys, you should first of all respect another fisherman's space, and then choose a spot that you think will produce the most fish.

If you are bank fishing and always heave it as far out as you can you may be fishing over some of the most productive water available. I've caught several 50lb+ blue cats bank fishing where the bait was only lobbed 5-10 feet out. A boat fisherman who sticks to fishing just the middle all the time probably isn't a very good fisherman.

16. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    I think in this day and age, there is a serious lack of respect and common courtesy. Not just fishing along the waters. you see it everyday on the highways and public places. it is still alive, but not as much as it could be.

17. centexcop

centexcop New Member

State:
    Texas
    Been there and done that.... More than my fair share...

WoooooSaaaaaa

18. pitbull1078

pitbull1078 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    i hear ya on the boats. I fish the spillway at carlyle lake over here in the corrupt state of IL and those boats come right up along the shore line there. I had a guy get his line tangled in mine so he cut my line and threw my setup to the bottom and started yelling at me. When i tied a 4oz weight on and hit the side of pretty fiberglass boat he was really yelling at me.

19. centexcop

centexcop New Member

State:
    Texas
    Welcome to the BOC Doug.

20. pitbull1078

pitbull1078 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    thanks