What flavor of Danny Kings works the best?

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by aggiecat, Apr 26, 2008.

1. aggiecat

aggiecat New Member

State:
    texas
    I have used the original formula the most and have had good luck, but what about the garlic and blood varieties?

2. wneubauer

wneubauer New Member

State:
    McKinney, TX
    I have no luck with the new synthetic fiber formula.... I have fished the original and garlic before the switch and have caught fish in the past. Never fished with the blood formula..

I am looking for a new bait to use...

3. mmccalli

mmccalli New Member

State:
    Texas
    Most of my fish I catch on the blood

4. chuck7700

chuck7700 New Member

State:
    Coppell, TX.
    The blood I bought was really bad. it seems like it's all cotton and some sort of light red coloring in it. It was a waste of my money. The garlic is really good.

5. mmccalli

mmccalli New Member

State:
    Texas
    I guess I have really only used the blood. I have never used or been around anyone using the garlic, so I might try it sometime. I do know that the blood out fished the orignal friday night 10 to 1.

6. wneubauer

wneubauer New Member

State:
    McKinney, TX
    The regular I just bought has very little sent and and has produced no fish. The garlic has more sent, but the consistancy is still not good and I do not like this new formula.

Any suggestions out there for an alternative treble hook punch bait??

7. jsharper

jsharper New Member

State:
    TX
    I like Sure-shot best, any of cat trackers work well. Some of the cheese baits work great when the water gets warm, but I always go back to sure-shot.

Jim

8. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    i use mostly blood but the Big Marv's has beeen working real well. I just got some secret 7, havent tried it yet, will post later.........

9. bobby-catfishing

bobby-catfishing New Member

State:
    Highland Villag
    I've probably put more in my boat on the red with white being a close second. I've caught them on the garlic when they wouldn't hit the other two. When they are really feeding, they will hit just about anything though.

10. wneubauer

wneubauer New Member

State:
    McKinney, TX
    Is Academy a good place to get this? Wal-Mart? How about Big Marv's?

11. jetdocx

jetdocx New Member

State:
    Corinth Tx
    I use the blood most of the time. It always seems to work good for me. I've never had a problem with it.

12. I heard Danny King sold his punch bait company.:sad2:

13. brother terry

brother terry New Member

State:
    texas
    Danny king sold his company a few years ago .....

14. aggiecat

aggiecat New Member

State:
    texas
    I originally posted with the question "which danny kings works best". At that time i was using bait thas was purchased last year. I recent purchased new bait and i am very dissappointed. It neither smells or looks like the old stuff. I even tried e mailing the company and got no response. In a PM conversation "Lewis Kings" bait was mentioned. Has anybody used this? I have used danny kings for years, but i guess it is time to change!

15. Catfishmomma

Catfishmomma New Member

State:
    Irving, Texas
    I use the blood myself.....when I head off to the barge and catch the cats, they always ask me what do I use?

So blood is for me. :wink:

16. Texas Trapper

Texas Trapper New Member

State:
    Texas
    Yes, Danny King sold out. The new owner is using a packing materal for a filler. I use Bill Rogers Cheesebait.:big_smile:

17. cjbrewer5

cjbrewer5 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Need to try out the secret 7 catfish bait. It has really been working for me. Caught 98 channel cats last Friday on it. It's not a punch bait but rather a dip bait. Really works good. Here is the link if your interested in reading more about it. http://www.teamcatfish.com/

18. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I have nothing but the blood, and I have gotten a bite on it on 5 fishing trips this year. I'll try the garlic or orginal, before I call it quits on DK.

19. Txbluecatman

Txbluecatman Member

State:
    Texas
    I have pretty good luck on the blood. I'll have to try the garlic soon.

20. skidog

skidog New Member

State:
    texas
    used the blood and original had better ludk with original but have caught fish on both.