What fishing line to use??

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by kycatman01, Aug 17, 2006.

1. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i just got a ambassadeur 6500. what size line and what brand should i use on it. i will only be using it in big rivers like the ohio river and kentucky river. any suggestions??

2. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    I like the Big Cat Solor Collector green 30# test. It works really well with my 6500s.

3. Guthooked

Guthooked New Member

State:
    Ga
    65lb test braid by stren, sufix, power pro, cortland, spiderline etc.

4. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I started using the Berkley Big Game 30lb test electric blue this year on my 6500's and I really like it.I haven't caught a big fish with it yet but it seems to be good.

5. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    There is a lot of good brands of line and its a personal choice that you will have to make for yourself. That being said I use 30 lb. salt water ande in the envy green its a tough line and I have drug 15 lb. plus fish over and around stumps and it holds up great.

6. johnpotter777

johnpotter777 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    SPIDERWIRE SUPERBRAID, you will not regret it, super strong, and super thin, in river current it will cut current better. Be careful though it can cut your finger quick.Peace.:crazy:

7. fishhook

fishhook New Member

State:
    Willow Woo
    I use Power-pro with a little lighter test mono for leaders in case I get snagged. I fish the Ohio river mostly and I like the way the thinner line doesn't get pulled so bad with the current and you can use lighter weight sinkers. I think the thinner line would be better for bank fishing also seeing they have to fight the current all the time. I drift fish mostly.

8. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    i use the power-pro myself its some good stuff and i dont drift fish

9. vegasryder

vegasryder New Member

State:
    illinois
    50lb. Tuff-Line musky braid is my choice.150yrds is only $12 and i absolutely have no problems with it.I`ve had it for about 2yrs and its just starting to wear out...