What fish have you caught most by accident while Catfishing?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Katmaster Jr., Feb 25, 2006.

1. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Ok, I am curious to know what fish you have caught most by accident while fishing for catfish. I would have to say it would be Stripers for me, and then after that it would be Walleye.

Zakk:)

2. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    TURTLES! oh yeah...fish:D #1....gar #2....drum #3....saugeye #4....carp

3. maddcatter

maddcatter New Member

State:
    Newark, Oh
    When I used to use nightcrawlers all of the time, I caught a lot of carp.

4. Rat

Rat New Member

State:
    Forrest Illinoi
    Without a doubt..........Bullheads. You leave water in the kids pool to long in Illinois, it'll have bullheads in it when you empty it.
    Rat

5. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    Well, its kind of on accident, kind of on purpose, but bullheads. I was hoping for a channel cat, but I didnt care either way ;) After that would probably have to be bass. I fish with cut and live bait, sometimes during the day, and the bass see it, and must think "Hey, lets get deep-hooked today" or something lol

6. catfish joe

catfish joe New Member

State:
    louisville kentucky
    well for me its a toss up between carp and turtles biggest turtle i caught was about a 5 to 10lb soft shell:thumbsup:

7. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Gar and channel cats, LOL!!! If I catch a channel cat is is an accident, LOL!!!

8. C_wernett

C_wernett New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I've caught a lot of northerns back home while drifting cut baits under the dams fishing for channels. But the oddest thing I EVER caught while catfish was on Meyer's Lake back in Iowa, we were fishing livers at night, something hit, I set the hook, reeled it right in. Well, it was a 9" bluegill...with a hook positioned quite ungracefully in its posterior....and I thought to myself...Rectum! Dang near killed him! :p

9. slimepig

slimepig New Member

State:
    Kerrville Texas
    though very few make it in all the way to the bank, it would have ta be gar for me. Oh and perch at night! arghhh that really erkks me when i lose a wad o nightcrawlers to perch after dark. oh and turtles!! caught an alligator snappin turtle in my minnow umbrella net once that was humongous; prolly 50-60 lbs.

10. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Dont know if it was an accident or fate while im fishing for flatheads i try to catch little fish for bait with chubs, with samller set up and caught a 28# flathead on a 2 inch chub wow what a fight with 8 pound test.

11. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Its the strippers for me also. Usually they hit my line when the bait hits the water so there is never any confusion about whats on.

12. Catcaller

Catcaller New Member

State:
    SoutheastKansas
    For me it's hands down hybrid striped bass/whitebass. (Wipers)

13. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Depends on what I am fishing with, small baits I catch alot of drum, fresh cut bait alot of turtles and gar, live bait alot of gar...I catch very few catfish!:crying:

14. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Lots of Eels. Not a bad thing though. They make great bait.

15. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Oh yeah, forgot to mention I catch a lot of them while catfishing too. And yeah they do make great bait!

Zakk:)

16. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Ive caught northern pike on worms and a 36 incher on beef liver, caught saugeye and bowfin on small live gills, caught a 3lb smallmouth once on cut chub. Always catch letherbacked green turtles on live or cut, and once or twice each spring I catch those ugly water dog salamanders on cut shad. I caught one in jan, about 12 inches.

17. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Here in the DFW area, we usually have the perch or drum or turtles.
    When my wife fishes, she always ends up catching everything but a catfish while she is catfishing.
    I usually end up with the hybrid or black bass or snake.
    I hate when the snakes get on my hook.

18. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    i caught a lawn chair does that count. my dad caught a 8lb bass at santee drifting for blues.

19. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    I have caught several Largemouth Bass while Channelcat fishing with nightcrawlers in Cowan Lake, most of the time it was when I was reeling them in and the Bass hit close to the bank.
    Also I have caught several Drums at Grand Lake St. Marys while catfishing.

20. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    striped bass would be #1 then suckers and then carp.Those striped bass are almost like catfish and blugill,they will eat just about anything.