What dou you think of the Okuma Stardrag Levelwind reels?

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by Flyingpig, Dec 9, 2005.

1. Flyingpig

Flyingpig New Member

State:
    Lakewood, Illinois
    I was looking at the Okuma Stardrag Levelwind Baitcasting reels (SD20L, SD30L, SD45L and SD55L) and was wondering if anyone else had used them and if so, what is your opinion of them?

2. HOPPY4

HOPPY4 New Member

State:
    Waldorf MD
    Flyingpig, I have had one of their Star Drag reels for 3 1/2 yr. and have found it to be a Great reel for the money. I now own 6 of their Baitcast reels and have put 2 of them to the test in Norway. The Magda Pro was my first and it was followed by the 90XTL (Lever Drag) a European model. I purchased one of the SD45L models for Christmas. It will be used in Norway next June and I will know much more about it then. Thus far, I Love the construction and know that they will handle the fish that I am after. I have loaded it with 250lb. PowerPro and matched it with a 6ft. heavy duty boat rod. I think that you will get Great service from one of these reels and have placed my money on the table to prove it. JMHO!!

HOPPY4

3. Flyingpig

Flyingpig New Member

State:
    Lakewood, Illinois
    Thanks Hoppy4. I'm probably going to pick up a couple more of these reels. Not to bad of price and the Catfish Connection is close enough I can have them in about 10 minutes or so.

Thanks again,

4. Vacatfisher

Vacatfisher New Member

i had a okuma 302 that had the gears stripped out after two stingrays...that was my first and only okuma baitcast reel...never wil i get another