What does it look like to you?

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by FREESPOOL, Apr 21, 2008.

1. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    I think I found a boat. At least.... thats what it looks like to me. What do you guys think?? Might have to go try and snag it with the anchor, and use the capstan to try and pull it up. :smile2:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    is that Carlyle North? might be Ol' Daves v-bottom :smile2: :smile2: :smile2: had a 30 hp yammy on it :smile2:

3. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    Found the boat on Litchfields Lou Yeager this evening. Couldn't find any fish though. :embarassed:
    I think I found the tractor tire you spoke of on Carlyle near the creek Saturday... Does this look like it? Snapped this image just entering the creek. The "tire" is laying right on the point on the left going into the creek. Sound right?

[​IMG]

4. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Yes Sir, that would be its location, it used to be more in the center and out just a little, it was added to stop the morons who thought the creek was a drag strip for boats :wink: Used to be a tree trunk around it also, but that more than likely is stuck in the spill way by now..LOL

5. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    MAN 10.9 feet just blows me away! normal would be about 3.5 over that tire, LOL

6. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Well Dan we have established that you can find boats and tires with that fish finder but can you find fish????:smile2:

7. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    On Carlyle, I had to lay my anchor light on top of my bimini top (umbrella :smile2:) down to get under the RR bridge on Saturday. Was about 3" from the tips of my Catfish Safari rods standing up. :eek:oooh:

8. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    Is that what that things for?!?!?! :roll_eyes: And besides.... what does finding fish have to do with fishing?

9. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Tell Harold you found his boat and it is FREE!

What a deal!:smile2:

10. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Man, those images are pretty neat. The part I'm having trouble with is why would a "Boat" appear to be an inch long on the screen when the water is only 13 feet deep? The tractor tire is the same size as the boat in this case. Did you reduce the image or something? I would think a boat would come back as a lot larger of a return but then again I certainly dont understand the Humminbirds, YET. :wink: Sure does look like a boat to me though.

11. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl

SIDE IMAGING Cuz! Get out of the 2d mode.:roll_eyes: The scale is 50 ft on his screen (to each side), who cares how deep it is? Thats not what you are referencing to determine scale.:wink:

12. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Well the boat may be salvagable, but if its got a motor on it I'd say it was past saving... hehehe.. If Uncle sam will send me my 1200 dollar economy booster check I will boost the economy by finding me a boat.. So it's not my fault I don't have a boat yet it's the governments..

13. stump jumper

stump jumper New Member

State:
    illinois
    nice images looks like a ski boat to me what graph was you using?:tounge_out:

14. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    Those shots were taken with a Humminbird 797 SI.

15. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Ok, I can buy the deviations in scale to accomadate the side imaging, but how do individual fish targets come out, and how can you differentiate between sizes of fish in the side imaging mode, if possible?

16. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Wow, that graph makes my fish finder look like the one Noah had on his rig. How long did ya have to go to school to learn to use it?:smile2:

17. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    First, as far as fish size, it's no different than any sonar, a bigger fish paints a bigger picture. You have to sort of keep in mind what scale you are on and I suppose its at best a judgment call. Experience helps here and I could use some more of that.:wink:

Lets have a look in SkipEyes magic bag of tricks!

Here are two shots of two big fish. One shot is 'normal', the second shot is zoomed in on the 'bad boys'!

Caveat: Maybe it is two minnows swimming but SkipEye says, for this example, that we are looking at two gigantic Hawg Daddy Catfish!:smile2: (imagination may be required) Notice the Sonar Shadow right under the fish that shows that they are holding just off the bottom.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    THEY LOOK LIKE HAWS TO ME ALSO:smile2:

19. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Dang, thats pretty neat. It looks like two big flatheads lying side by side. Interesting.

20. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    thats a nice shot Skip, I have no knowledge on the SI sonars but you makes it look easy. Now what do you say we go find them hogs and get some nice snap shots............:wink: