What does fishing mean to you

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by DELLIS, Aug 9, 2006.

  1. DELLIS

    DELLIS New Member

    Messages:
    314
    State:
    OHIO
    i know there are some hurt feelings here some members would like to do nothing but talk catfishing which is great don't get me wrong but fishing isn't just about catching fish and as you remember a couple of weeks ago i tried selling my stuff which thank god no one took me up on it not one person said give it up everyone jumped in with support not to do it just take a break
    when brother deltalover passed onto the big river in the sky not one person had a negative thing to say and why would you but that wasn't fishing

    i know this as been long winded to simply ask the question
    WHAT DOES FISHING MEAN TO YOU

    for me it isn't about catching the big one or even who i go with
    for me fishing is just away to get away from everything for just a few short moments sure a good friend is always nice to go fishing with but what is fishing really about taking a break and it took the boc for me to see that again besides if catching fish is all that is important and all you want then why are you here and not on a pro circuit
    somewhere :0a31:
     
  2. wolfman

    wolfman Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    9,179
    State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    fishing means more to me than working does. lol
     

  3. buddah

    buddah New Member

    Messages:
    1,622
    State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Fishing is very spiritual for me. I have been sick my whole life pretty much, and finally got some relief so I spend the precious time I have left in Gods workshop! It's not what I'm fishing for or how thats important, or even if I catch any or not. It's being with my dear friends and enjoying life in the moment. I have been givin a second chance and view life very differently than most as I am not so complacent in it to think that I am immune to death. Fishing is God's way of keeping you busy till you catch one! LOL! :lol:
     
  4. teaysvalleyguy

    teaysvalleyguy New Member

    Messages:
    9,751
    State:
    GC, OHIO
    Fishing is just meeting with good friends 99% of the time. The other 1% I am by myself and just need some alone time.

    Catching fish is fun, but spending some quality time with friends and other BOC members is the main thing.
     
  5. khensu0213

    khensu0213 New Member

    Messages:
    99
    State:
    Illinois
    Fishing is my escape from the many electronic leashes I have to carry due to my profession (where I fish I usually can't get a signal for the cell, pager, etc). It's a chance to sit on the water, in the sunshine with friends, drinking some beer, and enjoying some good conversation that doesn't revolve around technology, or work projects in general. There's so much peace of mind I get from fishing which is why I love it. Can't say I catch a lot, but at least when I do, I'm usually catching cats. It's also a way for me to really tune out from what's going on to think about GOD, family, and the things that mean the most to me. Man, I need to get to the river this weekend. Is it Saturday yet?
     
  6. zappaf19

    zappaf19 New Member

    Messages:
    1,574
    State:
    Monticello,IN
    Fishing is the peace of mind I get. If a friend comes with me it is the talking cutting up and just have a good time.
    Bill