What does BOC stand for

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by vandellchuck, Jul 30, 2007.

1. vandellchuck

vandellchuck New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Ive been on this forum for about a week now. I have learned alot off of it. But i still havent learned what it means yet. Ifeel really dumb asking but what is it?

2. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Chuck, The letters B.O.C. is for the Brotherhood of catfishermen. When typing the letters B.O.C. in a post it should be capitalized and a period after each but that is a minor thing.:big_smile:

3. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Chuck,

WELCOME to the Brotherhood. As Verlon stated, B.O.C. refers to the Brotherhood Of Catfishermen. That is part of what makes this site so special. We all are brothers. We my not always agree on something, but set aside differences in the name of Catfishing.

4. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Chuck, it stands for "BIG OLE' CATFISH", LOL! No, just kidding, it's what the other guys said! Welcome to the "BROTHERHOOD OF CATFISHERMEN"!

5. Esox Hunter

Esox Hunter New Member

State:
    Birmingham U.K.

Don't feel too embarrased about it Chuck, I had to ask as well.

Welcome aboard Bud!!

6. catstalker459

catstalker459 New Member

State:
    state line city, indiana
    B.O.C- say it loud and say it proud!. this is called the brotherhood of catfisherman, and i have found that this is also the most unique and loyal forum to say the least. on here i have found tons of useful info put together by all our members and sponsors and everyone is out there to help everyone out. The B.O.C is the largest network of friends i could ever have and they are the most caring and thoughtful individuals in the world. When someone is down you can count on us to band together and help out anyway we can. I am truly proud to be a part of this brotherhood and cannot say enough about everyone involved to make it what it is.

so to answer your question we are :

the many, the proud, the B.O.C !

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Chuck welcome to this great Brotherhood of Catfisherman. This is one big happy family and glad you decided to become a part of it.:0a25::0a18:

8. vandellchuck

vandellchuck New Member

State:
    Illinois
    thank you all. and it is a great brotherhood.

9. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    actually, Chuck, i prefer BOC...the letters not seperated as it should be with the members..(no offense Verlon:big_smile:)

and welcome aboard:smile2:

10. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    Welcome to the BOC. from Arkansas

11. Flintman

Flintman New Member

State:
    OKC, OKLA.
    Hey Chuck, however you spell it, it's a great place to be. Welcome to the Brotherhood Of Catfisherman.

12. GUNTZ

GUNTZ New Member

State:
    CLEBURNE texas
    Chuck welcome to the BOC or B.O.C. whichever way you spell it ,it is still a great site ,with alot of GREAT PEOPLE:0a25::0a23:

13. trippyclwn

trippyclwn Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Name:
    Tracey
    welcome to the b.o.c. man i think it stands for4 Bad Organic Chicken a delicacy for catfish lol nah they told you the truth already brotherhood of catfisherpersons lol :wink: and Sisterhood of catfisherpersons lol is s.o.c. lol :smile2:

14. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Please don't feel that way about asking us questions. Goodness me!! We're family and when we need something or have a question we ask. Here is an example. I was havin a dickens of a time striving to remember the name of the company that drives the Big Yellow Truck carrying frozen food deliveries. I finally got on the BOC and sure enough a family member answered my question,even gave me their web site. Don't be bashful or shy always ask away I promise you we welcome it and you will get a very polite and friendly answer!!----------Sister Pat:big_smile:

15. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Chuck, do not take this too lightly. With "brotherhood", comes a responsibility. Getting treated like a brother, requires treating all of us here like we are your brothers. Brothers respect each other. Brothers take care of each other. I've been around here for a long time. I have seen it in person. I've seen members spend hundreds of dollars and drive hundreds of miles, to help a brother in need, even though they had never met. I first realized the extent of "brotherhood" one time when I went to a Gathering. I drove into the campground, asked a man walking by if he was with the BOC. When he said "yes" I told him the boat ramp was a mile from camp and would he mind driving my truck back to camp for me. It's true, I ended up handing my keys to my truck to a perfect stranger (He knows who he is). Not one time did I think any harm would come of it. This "stranger" is now a very good friend who I would do anything for. The point is, he is deserving of being called a "brother". I welcome you to the BOC. Oh, and of course, the ladies here are all our sisters. Which is a shame, cause some of them are awlfull pretty and.......

16. stickusmc

stickusmc New Member

State:
    Glasford, Illinois
    darn i always thought it stood for BETTER OFF CATFISHIN :smile2: but really welcome to the brotherhood/sisterhood

17. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Chuck: Kutter said it extremely well. One word of warning. See that mushroom, that beautiful picture of that morel that Kris (Stickusmc) put up? Brotherhood is one thing, and it exists here, but do not show them where you find them or they will drive hundreds of miles to be your best buddy when you go hoppe hunting. John

18. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Welcome to the BOC Chuck, were glad you could join us!!!