what does a handshake convey?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by 223reload, May 13, 2008.

1. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Today I did a small welding job for a contractor working on a hiway bridge near here.I met the foreman and we shook hands,This werent no man to man handshake ,It was more like I grabbed hold of my wifes dishrag,I came away from it like .....uh hmmmm oh well. Any of you ever expereience this phenomonon?

2. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I believe you should shake with a firm grip,like you got a pair. If you`re going to make a half- hearted attempt,why bother.

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    The guy I shook hands with most likely came away with the feeling he shook hands with Andre the giant instead of lil ole 5'7 ,153 lb me. :cool2:

4. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    I agree, I think a firm grip and looking the other person in the eyes conveys alot about person. If the person shakes my hand like their holding a zima and don't look me in the eye, I don't trust em. :wink:

5. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    A good handshake is one thing, and a weak one that just puts the hand out there kinda gives me the feeling its there but not meant. At times I've had people try to crush my hand and I look em in the eye and see em gritting their teeth trying to crush my hand and show me they are a man. Women shake hands a lot now days, but they just put it out there and its kinda limp too.

6. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Nothin like a firm handshake. Ya wanna really blow thier mind give em a peck on the cheek also. LOL!

7. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Lmao!!! I just tried to rep you for that one but I`m all out.

8. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    LOL. This all is true, but some guys probably just aren't manly men - maybe he was scared of your manliness.

9. joadb

joadb Member

State:
    Clinton, Ohio,
    sorry,i dont shake hands much.if ya stop and think about what people do with their hands every day,maybe you'll see where im coming from.lol!

10. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Not knocken ya but what do they do that you dont? I do all the toiletries with them and still eat with them all it takes is a little soap and water and boom clean again. I know tho I will not open a door without using a towel to buffer me after Ive washed my hands Ive seen people leave the crapper and not wash :eek:oooh: now thats a little sick.

11. joadb

joadb Member

State:
    Clinton, Ohio,
    thats my point.i,m no better than anyone and please dont get me wrong in what im saying.alot of people just arent very hygenic even though they think they are.lol.
    my wife works at a childrens hostpital with sick kids everyday and we raise 5 at home so fighting off the germs is a daily battle for us.

12. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY

Think about it. I wash my hands before usein the latrine. I know where hes been. Ain't too sure about the facility.:wink:

13. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    My daddy pop me uppa side the noggin more than once "sayin look at me when i talk to ya". A person who won't look ya in the eye is like a dawg waggin it's tail. He ain't friendly, hell he's nervious:smile2: Seriously, if i shake hands with a man i want him to know it was a man not a woman, and if he's lookin at me, then he'll know i got blue eyes cause i'll dern sure be lookin at him.

14. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Just make sure ya don't catch the corner of their mouth! Some guys are bothered by that. :eek:oooh:

15. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I know what you`re sayin` there.LMAO!!!!

16. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    I AM a woman and I hate a weak handshake. Matter of fact, the last thing I do with my Sr boys when they leave my classroom on the last class day is shake their hand and tell em it was my pleasure having them in class. They ain't kids no more, and I like to send em off letting em know I think of them as adults :big_smile:

17. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I have met people with those fishy, limp-wristed, dishrag hand shake and, they give me the creeps. I hate a sissy handshake, I tell'm step up and shake hands like a man!!!

18. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    a mans handshake should be firm. If its not then its one of 3 things.

1. he's got an injury and cant
    2. he really didnt want to or care to shake your hand
    3. he's homosexual (from what I've experienced working with them, this is not a stereotype as not all shake softly)

19. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    I knew a guy who didnt was after peeing. He just looked at me and said his momma didnt teach him to pee on his hand so he didnt need to. Needless to say, I dont shake his hand.

20. slowboat

slowboat New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Just be careful and beware of :smile2: the RAYANG CURSE...sb