What do your jugs look like??

Discussion in 'Alternative Methods of Catching Catfish' started by blindfly69, May 18, 2008.

1. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i was thinkin about jugg'n now that i got a boat but i cant find anywhere that has a clear example of any jug rigs... if anybody could show me a pick i'd be very greatful...thnks

2. willybob

willybob New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I use 2 liter pop bottle panted half red with 20 foot of mason twine with hooks spaced 3 and 6 feet from the bottom. I wind up enough line around the neck so the bait is off the bottom. I anchor them in place with a twenty oz bottle full of quickcrete and a closer hanger wire for a loop. jugs are paced in 10 to 18 foot of water with different baits till I find out what is hot.

3. justwannano

justwannano Active Member

State:
    SE Iowa
    Check out the library.
    The newest craze is swim noodles.
    The kind of jug that has a handle is handy but I've used quart motor oil containers.
    Clean it up real good and decide how deep you want to fish and stuff your unused line inside the jug and screw the cap on real tight.
    best of luck
    just

4. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Below is what I have used now for about 6 years. I bought mine from Cabela's, not sure if they still sell them. I did throw away "their" hooks & line. I then installed #18 tarred nylon line made for trot lines. Then I put 8/0 Gamagatsu Circle hooks on them. They have caught up to 45 pound catfish on them, although 4-6 pounds seem to be the norm.

http://www.crappiecat.com/store/store_product_detail.cfm?Product_ID=467&Category_ID=3

5. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Just click on my signature. I'm sure you can find a few there. Hope this helps.

6. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
  7. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    TRY LOOK ON TEXAS JUGFISHING .COM THERE PLENTY OF IDEALS

8. ratkinson

ratkinson New Member

State:
    NY
    You have to be careful asking that question.................LOL. Plenty of examples on the sight.

9. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky

thanks, its good to be back! she's doin pretty good and just left my house actually but as for the wreck, she still wont drive in the rain