What do you want to be when you grow up

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Buddrice, Jun 11, 2006.

1. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I'm 52 years old and still don't consider myself as being grown up.I have a good job as a Bank equipment technician.But I love to fish and hunt and play just like the younger crowd does.I like to pick and joke and most of my friends are younger then I am.I enjoy playing with my grandkids and hanging with friends that are in their 30's and 40's.I like acting like I am in my 30's. And I still don't know what I want to do when I grow up.What do you want to do when you grow up?
    :big_smile:

2. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    when I grow up...... I wanna be young again. Because if you get caught doing something slightly stupid, you'll go to jail. Not that I've ever done anything.....:big_smile:. But I don't know. That's just me.

-Red

3. catfishkatmando

catfishkatmando New Member

State:
    Salem, WV.
    So that I can operate this dang machine with a little skill

SEE YOU ON THE FISH BANK AT THE NATIONAL GATHERING

4. flaboy

flaboy New Member

State:
    Wedgefield, SC
    Who wants to grow up? I guess the only hope for the future I have is senility or ?
    what? who? why did you do? huh?
    mama, Is supper ready?

5. WV Hillbilly

WV Hillbilly New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    What do I want to be when I grow up? Healthy, happy and retired. That just about covers it.

6. BIGCAT DADDY 71

BIGCAT DADDY 71 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    as good a father to my kids as my father was to me.

7. samh

samh New Member

State:
    Damascus,Arkansas
    I think I'd make a good lottery winner.

8. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    I want to be a lifetime BOC member, and go to and see many National Gatherings. But if ya'll don't sign up that will never happen, and then my dream will die.

9. catfishkatmando

catfishkatmando New Member

State:
    Salem, WV.
    But it ain't about chicken livers. I already have to lie to my boss (who is me) about not going cat fishing(which is my lifes work0 so that I can go to the gathering and catfish. OH WEL what every it takes to get there. I am driving from WV and if people wil hold up a sign for BOC I wil stop and give a ride.

SEE YOU ON THE FISH BANK AT THE NATIONAL BOC GATHERING

10. BigCatDreaming

BigCatDreaming New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I basically want to grow up and be like Buddrice

11. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    i want to be a cowboy!!!!!!

12. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    When I grow up I want to 1/2 the man of my grandfather and my step dad. If I accomplish that I will be 500% of what the average man is!

Both of these guys have had great impacts on my life. 22 years later they are still my best friends and have stuck by my side through it all... and hell half of the time they were there with me.

I don't cry... (very often) and I am not an emotional guy, but when I just recently took a job in chicago my grandpa's only response was "I guess this means I am losing my best fishing partner." Coming from an even more emotionless man it broke my heart and made me cry.

He turns 60 today!!! He has taught me soo much and he is the one that got me addicted and in the hunt for the big ones!

My step dad has always been there for me, he was friends with my real dad, and when he dropped off the face of the earth when I was 2 my step dad came to the plate and has raised me ever since. I have even changed my last name to his!

With two great family members like that as rolemodels, fishing partners and mentors I can only hope to be half of what they are to me!!!

13. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Actually, I'd like to be half the man I am now...:lol:

14. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Do I have to decide now??? I would like to wait until I am old enough to make that kind of decision, LOL!!! I refuse to grow up!!!!

15. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I want to be a Catfisherman...not commercial just a serious hobbiest. My job will not be who I am.

16. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    Chris, that was an awesome post and both men sound like awesome men.
    Hope you can get home on long weekends, etc. and still do some fishing with them while they are here.
    There is not one thing wrong with a man crying and being emotional at times. Most important is to tell both men as often as you can that you love them and appreciate them. Tell them what you told us about how you feel about them. Any man would have to be proud of a testament like that.
    And tell them thank you!

17. Mountain Cur

Mountain Cur New Member

State:
    Missouri, Warsaw
    I tried being an adult starting when I moved into my late teens because it was expected of me. Well that lasted for what seemed like forever. I retired and "Dang" here I am again, doing exactly the same things I did when I was 8 or 9 years old. Doing a few chores and going fishing when "grandma" says I can. "Ain't" much changed except I wear shoes most of the time now. I have a little better equiptment, but I still have an old cane pole or two. So what was that question about growing up???? Most of us will find that little boy is still hiding in there somewhere just waiting for a chance to get, of course an 8 or 9 year old grandchild can usually coax him out quicker than anything....

I may have to "grow old" but I refuse to "grow up."

18. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Buddy, it sounds like you and I are suffering from the same thing. My doctor calles it Terminal Peter Pan Syndrome and seems to think it can't be cured and therefore we will never grow up.

19. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    I am a kid at heart!

Being grown up is tough at times. lol

I look forward to retiring back to childhood someday!

20. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    What ever I grow up to be, I dont want a leave like I came into this world. In diapers.LOL:lol: :big_smile:

I aint growing up. :big_smile_2: :beauty: :haha: