What do you think?

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by drpepper, May 23, 2008.

1. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I've participated in a few threads on eating the big fish or crap loads of the smaller ones and even giving fish away to strangers and family that they catch to eat... It's not against the law but it bothers me some. Because it DOES bother me do you guys think there's anything wrong with bringing a few fish home once in aa while to release in one of my ponds... eventually I do take them back and release them when I get too many large fish. The reason I asked is; summer before last, I Trippled the size and depth of an existing lake/pond, and just "finished" a small 3/4 acre pond this week. It has NO fish in it except minnows that come down the creak it's built into.
    When I drained the existing pond I was able to catch most every cat from about a pound up, and released them all into the river... I did this to save them and to preserve the bass, crappy, gills, etc. all I have is now ae few 1/2 pound and 10" or so inch channels and a few various size, farm raised blue and a few smaller flats that Imissed and other game fish. am I a hypocrte stock a few fish for catch and release for here at home?
    I NEED to stock-up a little because the fishin is too hard for the kids I let fish around here``BTW, I've been a lake owner for a long while now and consider myself smart about balancing different predator fish etc. Thank you fo you thoughts!~ Bill

2. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    I dont see anything wrong with that. Seems that you have a good management program going on and you're not breaking any laws. Good luck with your stocking program.

3. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    I dont anything wrong with what you are doing. every year I put a few nice channels and small flatheads in the pond in city park. It is fished mostly by kids and retired people.

4. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    I don't see anything wrong with it either.I also have stocked a parks lake before since they don't want to stock it.

5. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    sounds good to me i do it too. the only thing that is wrong is the releasing back into the river,but its only wrong because its law. not all laws are rite themselves! keep up the good work bro. a few fish dont do any harm. just dont start stocking pay ponds on us!!!! lol :wink:

6. firechief4201

firechief4201 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, Kentucky
    Sounds good to me. I think most members have a problem with the poeple that catch big cats and sell them to paylakes.

7. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I'd put those type's in jail with thiefs, burglars and and big flaming gay weight-lifters if I made the laws!!!!

8. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Nothing wrong with it, wish I had some property with a pond or two myself.