What do you think

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by cacheriver, Aug 4, 2009.

1. cacheriver

cacheriver New Member

State:
    Bono Arkansas
    about having nice AGFC boat ramps on rivers at a private access where you aren't allowed to park your truck and trailer without being towed? I think it sucks that our tax dollars pays for that and the general public isn't allowed to use it because they have no where to park. I'm talking about Oak Donnick Access to the St Francis river. I guess you could use it as long as someone drops you off and comes back later and picks you up.

2. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    That is BS. Their shouldnt be a launch ramp in the first place with no places to park. And if their is a ramp... let you pull where you can. Towing should be prohibited. Id report it first time it happened to me. :angry: But yeah i think their should be some if its gonna be that way.

3. jdoyle

jdoyle New Member

State:
    AR
    You really should get the media involved with this. Having an unusable launch is pointless. This could be the result of a behind the scenes deal for a nearby private land owner.....

4. cacheriver

cacheriver New Member

State:
    Bono Arkansas
    I have been thinking about complaining to AGFC and see what they say first. They have signs up stating they will tow.

5. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Are you positive it is AGFC, and you mentioned the word private, is it on private property? If it is AGFC then taxpayers paid for it and should not be marked to have your vehicle towed. I would complain too if in deed it is AGFC.

6. cacheriver

cacheriver New Member

State:
    Bono Arkansas
    I'm positive it's AGFC. Big screen sign stating so. The small parking area has a sign saying you will be towed.

7. Eddie Mullins

Eddie Mullins New Member

State:
    AR
    I don't know anything about this particular ramp, but I have heard of this happening before, not just in AR. Usually some good ol boy stuff. One scenario I have heard of is a land owner not selling, but allowing public use of the land for so many years to get the baot ramp, then later, after the lease/contract they stop allowing public use. At the end of the deal, they have a private boat ramp, possibly a road to it, and all they were out is having to share it for a few years.

8. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    i dont know what the deal is but i emailed an inquiry to the game and fisg.if i receive an answer ill let yall know.if i dont ill give them a hollar on the phone.

9. cacheriver

cacheriver New Member

State:
    Bono Arkansas
    I emailed them also. Don't know if they will reply or not. I emailed them 3 or 4 times last year about hog hunting at night on private land and after several months I finally got a reply. Gotta start somewhere though. I appreciate you emailing also. Thanks.

10. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Eddie, I heard the very same thing, exactly as you said it. Its a shame, but legal I assume. Yea, there is alot of that good ole boy stuff goes on. Some is good, some aint.

11. cacheriver

cacheriver New Member

State:
    Bono Arkansas
    Well, so far I haven't received a response from my email to the AGFC. I'm not holding my breath.

12. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Thats what it smells like to me